• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wood louse infestation

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of wood lice? :? My whole garden is infested with them, I went to put the rabbit bowl on the picnic bench a few weeks ago when i noticed the surface was moving!!! :shock: Now they've spread to my store shed and the bunny shed as well! :( I don't know how to get rid of them :(

hi

my house was infested with them last year - I used a spray called 'deathlac' or something - it's waterproof and washproof but don't put it anywhere bunnies chew - horrible to kill them as I think woodies are rather cute - but not in droves climbing upstairs to my bedroom :shock:

yes i know what you mean! It's quite creepy when they're in nos where you can see more lice than floor!!! :shock: I'll look out for that. Only problem is the rabbits climb all over the picnic bench and most of the lice are floor level in the bunny shed! :(

hi

If you can find where they are nesting and destroy that it will keep numbers down - I had loads coming in the gap at the side of my front door, then I got rid of some stones and dead vegetation near my front door and underneath it was heaving with them - just keep it cleared of rubble and they won't have anywhere convenient to hole up during the day - I thought it was quite sweet the way they lived in a big family - there were tiny baby ones too - I still get the odd one in the house but I don't bother with them - they can come and go - I have freerange woodlice :lol: When I used the deathlac I would find 30 or 40 a day dead on the hall floor :shock: Bit too many for comfort!

i know earwigs are not woodlouse but sometimes when i go to clean out my bunster in the corners of the doors are loadsa earwigs :roll: their really nasty!and creepy crawlyish any ideas on how to rid them?

I've just sprayed some ant stop stuff all over the infected areas, it says it will get rid of all crawling insects and is safe to use around children and pets so fingers crossed!

It's not working, I swear they're running over the stuff and laughing at me!!! :shock: :evil:

Back