• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucy

anon101

Banned
Hi Folks,

Had a sad telephone call this morning from my father. My Cat Lucy died last night due to old age. She was 18 years old. :( :(

I feel extremely guilty for not been there with her. :( We made the decision when I moved to Sheffield from Lincolnshire to leave her at the family home as she was happy there and I worried about her living in a city, as she had always been a countryside Cat.

She made great friends with the next-door neighbours Cat and they spent there days laying in the greenhouse together. My father said she got loved and fed by the neighbours as well as coming home for her tea! :)

Lucy I just want to say how lucky we where to have you in our lives, you didn’t have nasty bone in your body and you where always their when I needed comfort.

The fondest memory I will treasure of you is waiting/watching for me at the bottom of the street everyday when I walked home from school. Sometimes I used to carry you home and tell you about my day and other times we used to race each other to the garden gate.

Take care my sweetheart and wait for Tom and me at the rainbow bridge.

Louise

im sorry to hear about lucy at least you know she had a good life because wow 18 years :shock:

where about it lincoinshire? my aunty has just moved to cherry willinham!

aww sorry to hear your sad news but take comfort in the fact she had a wonderful life, you did what was best and left her in a home that she knew. Take care

What a wonderful and fullilling life Lucy must have had. Please take comfort in the fact that you gave her such a wonderful long life. Do not feel guilty, it sounds like she still had lots of love from your family and the neighbors.

So sorry Louise to hear about Lucy - run free little onexx

I had a cat called Smokey who used to wait for me at the garden gate every day after school and jump on my shoulders for a lift to the back door! :)

:cry: :cry: I'm really sorry :cry: :cry: It really hurts when we lose a loved one - but 18 years was such a good age and I bet she had a wonderful life :) - think only of the good times now - that is what she would want :)
Run free in the eternal sunshine now Lucy - go chase butterflies and have lots of fun - xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear about Lucy :( however she is now free from any pain and is climbing the trees over the Bridge.

Big cuddles to you all.

lol Pam

sorry to hear about Lucy, but how well loved and cared for she must have been to live to such a grand age! Be proud of yourself and your family, she sounds like one well loved kitty xxxx

Run free Lucy.

Do not feel bad about leaving her where she was. She was happy and that is what we all want for our babies.
And she must have been a stroing girl to get to 18.
Callie and I send our love to you.

so sorry Louise to hear about Lucy but smiling at your description of her wonderful life...oh to be so loved and happy

barc.gif

sorry to hear your sad news :( my heart goes out to as with Shan, Lucy reached a grand age which meant she had a long and happy life with you.

It annoys me sometimes when people class a cat as old at the age of 8, when they can be just as active and mischieveous at 15, 16, 18 years old :)

run free little Lucy cat xxx

Back