• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

myxi alert

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
more out breaks some inoculated rabbits involved, they are in Hampshire. Berkshire and Southbourne, dont know were that one is but if you are near you will know. These reports are from vets and past to me by other breeders. val

um i defnatly think ill or not ill pheebees having her jabs next week the rest are mexied but with mexi in hampshire shell have to take the risk hope my vet thinks shes well enougth on tuesday to have it

:shock: mine all had a booster this week, except for Treacle who was too poorly! I live by fields too with lots of wild bunnies which is rather worrying!!!

My mum was in my garden pruning my Lavender today so i threw all the cuttings in the bunny shed will hopefully keep the flies away!

well im in the mile of building the shed today so buns willl be put to bed nice and warm tonight just worried about pheebee now as shes not been alowed her mexi

agh i have 9 unvaccinated buns coming Monday!! :shock: I think they're going to be straigh tto the vets before they get in!! We're putting mosquito nets round the bunnies cage and fly reppellent, fly repellent, fly repellent!!!

Katie said:
agh i have 9 unvaccinated buns coming Monday!! :shock: I think they're going to be straigh tto the vets before they get in!! We're putting mosquito nets round the bunnies cage and fly reppellent, fly repellent, fly repellent!!!
Have you smelt that stuff Lorna uses? Its gorgeous. I've had cintronella candles and incense burning pretty much throughout the summer... need to carry on for a while.

I am in Staffordshire and visited the vets with my bunnies today - we discussed Myxi, and he said that he is not aware of any cases local to us yet.

Jane

maxbun said:
I am in Staffordshire and visited the vets with my bunnies today - we discussed Myxi, and he said that he is not aware of any cases local to us yet.

Jane

whereabouts in Staffs, I'm in Burton and there have been loads and loads :cry:

If you live near wild rabbits then as well as the jabs i would put on a repelent on your rabbits There are a few but i use zentex that i get from the vet its about £13 but if you only have a couple of rabbit it should last you a season.Ive planted lavender around my sheds and hung it inside but not noticed a decline in the flies. Fine mesh over there cages should keep the mossie out. Bear in mind that they come out at about teatime and through the night. I would have them in there cages before then. val

We've got one but it doesn't seem to help, actually we have two :roll: so the whole pond surface moves but they still gather :?

We might have to get rid of it :(

I am so lucky my fountain stops any mosquito's going near the pone, the fish also probably help as if anythng gets laid in the water, it is immediate dinner :lol:

Janice

Back