• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reunited and it feels so good!

elve

Banned
Anyone old enough to remember that song? Lousy photo - lovely story - Ever since I got the piggies I've wanted to reunite pair of slippers, Charlie and Abigail - Lifelong partners, the breeder seperated them just before I got them as Abbie is infertile - Poor Abbie was next to Charlie and his new bit of fluff, Beattie, in the breeder unit - She spent all her time frantically chewing the wire to try and get back to him :(

So now it's 5 weeks since Charlie's neuter, which nearly killed him...Abbie had mites and looked run down - she seems better now...Then Charlie nearly died last weekend from anal impaction or something - who knows but antibiotics and bum cleaning by moi restored his fragile health - I was starting to think they'd never get together!

Both of them spent their days sleeping and mooching about looking lost and bored - what a transformation this evening when I put them in the run together :D
Charlie moved off his large butt - did a huge pileup of poops, which can only be a good thing - then fell asleep again with the effort of eating his veg and chasing Abbie :love:
Abbie has chirruped non-stop for ages - she's looking so bright and happy now she's found her matching other half - Charlie was eating some hay and she went under all his whiskers to his mouth and took the hay out - or was she snogging him? :wink:

I'm so happy they are back together as they should be :D

lovestory.jpg

It is lovely when they really care about eachother. :D

Oscar got really upset when Elizabeth had her op to remove her tumor, and wouldn't eat until I brought him inside to be with her. I had thought he would be happier out in his run, but love was more important. 8)

Awwww that's so very cute!
I didn't know about anal impaction in piggies either, until the weekly health check showed a big lump in sunbeam. I have to help him out every week or so. The smell is just terrible!!

hi

:lol: Nowhere near as bad as changing my son's nappies for 3yrs - In fact cleaning the rabbit trays turns my stomach with the smell of bunny wee - piggy poop is nothing compared to that! :)

I've got 11 boy piggies so will have to get used to it in years to come I guess :roll:

Charlie and Abbie spent the night in their new 2x4 cage - all loved up or, rather contented, as a pair of old slippers should be - Abbie's probably wondering what's happened to Charlie's sex drive - he left it at the vets! :wink:

But I've had to split one of Florence's babies as her big sister Tara was bullying her - I think 3 is a crowd with piggies :(

Awwwww what a lovely story, and how brilliant it is that they are now finally together again. I think you have done excellent work in bringing them back to health and making it happen :)

Beautiful little piggies there :love:

hi

A couple of wheeks ago I gave Abbie a new water bottle - then I noticed that she'd not drunk for a whole day :shock: So I grabbed her old bottle, same colour, same make, same age bottle, both working perfectly, and swapped it with the new one - She instantly came over and hugged her bottle through the cage bars with her little paws - starting right at the top of the bottle she kissed it and hugged it all the way down to the spout, then had the longest drink ever - She loved her boppy!!

So I put her favourite bottle up in the new cage with Charlie - but she's not using it now - she's using her man's bottle!! True love!! :D :D :D

Now the whole point of the exercise was to rehome them as a pair...but...well...can I keep them?? :p

Just sneaked a peek at them and they are both laid like a mirror image of each other, heads together, asleep on the hay having just shared the last bit of dried grass - Awww you have never seen anything so sweet! :love:

so elve what is it to be .
to rehome... or not to rehome...
that is the question? :shock:

AWWW ISNT IT HORRIBLE HAVING TO DECIDE. :evil:

bunnymadhouse said:
so elve what is it to be .
to rehome... or not to rehome...
that is the question? :shock:

AWWW ISNT IT HORRIBLE HAVING TO DECIDE. :evil:

This is Elve you are talking about - NOT TO REHOME :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi

:lol: Yes I leave hard decisions like that to you Angie - I'm useless at it! If Charlie and Abbie have restored my faith in true love (well it exists for guinea pigs anyway!) and if they make me (the worldweary cynic) smile a soppy smile every time I look at them, then they are well worth the trouble :D

Well their love may have been shortlived - only a month of happiness before Charlie died of heart failure...wonder why :roll:

But Abbie is still going strong - she's very like Charlie in her behaviour, and doesn't seem bothered at being on her lonesome as long as there's plenty to eat - She was playing with a piece of newspaper the other day - tossing it around and chasing it :)

abbiesun.jpg

Back