• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Apple is at the vets- She's Gone

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Apple went to the vets last night with the same Jelly like pooh that Velvet and Ivy had, she was doing well but has taken a turn for the worse. My vet is ringing the Lab in ediburgh tommorow as that is where Velvets liver went for tests (we still don't have those back yet). To let them know that this is now extremly urgent!!!! Hazel no longer thinks it is Cocidiosis as the lab in dumfries thought from the bacteriology results but something far more sinister that has no signs other than Jelly pooh!!!

Picture058.jpg

Oh noooooo - come on Apple - fight darling - we are all here for you. Sending loads and loads of healing vibes Phill and thinking of you - xxxxx

Oh no, poor little apple ... come on little one you be big and strong and fight this ... Oh Phill its seems never ending grief for you and your bunnies, I so feel for you :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bless you phil, more nailbiting times ahead, we are all thinking of you and sending all the positive vibes to apple we can. Take care chickxxxx

Aww,I'm so sorry Phill. :(

It sounds similar to what mine went down with. They were all passing jelly pooh. Fingersa crossed its not.

Phill - where these buns related? If not, I would still ask them to look for liver cocciosis rather than ordinary coccidiosis.
Please get well Apple - xxxxx

Oh no Phill....will it never end. Every single centimetre of all my 32 buns send lots of love and healing vibes as do I. P-L-E-A-S-E get better Apple. JCO and Buns xx

Take care of the wee one Phill...all our love goes out to you all x Let me know what you decide to do and where we are booked to stay

Come on Apple, don't worry your mummy please, or us for that matter! Sending lots of healing vibes for her and huge hugs for you.

hi phil i am so sorry to hear about apple, lets hope there is some end to this soon and you can find out whats the problem

sending my love and healing vibes to Apple

Eve x

my heart just sunk when i read this come on apple get beter for mummy hugs for you phill hope you can get to the bottom of this

Scoot said:
Phill - where these buns related? If not, I would still ask them to look for liver cocciosis rather than ordinary coccidiosis.
Please get well Apple - xxxxx

Aww Scoot i will tell her to get well i promise XX Velvet, Ivy and Apple are related but Agi's not. The Liver tests are being done up in edinburgh and they havn't found anything yet. So we are at a bit of a dead end. XX

Back