• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaping bun

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
When I first got Molly she was able to get out of her crate at night but I was able to stop this with books and chicken wire obviously he got bigger and stopped being able to escape. I've just got him a new bigger crate and of course my friend had to jinx it by saying 'hah, you're too fat to get out now aren't you.'

Molly just had to proove him wrong. I woke up in the night to find Molly trying to get back into the crate, for some reason he can get out but not in. I put him back but he got out again and I woke up this morning with him right by my bed keeping guard. I couldn't be mad cos he's so sweet.

Would it be better for me to just risk leaving the crate door open so when he gets out he still has access to his food water and litter tray? I'm worried he'll get into trouble while I'm asleep or I'll get up in the night and squish him. But the crates too big for the wire and books method now.

It might pay to put a photo of the bit where he is trying to escape from on the site, people may have suggestions which may help you keep him confined in the crate.

janice

Back