• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

myxi outbreak

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I live in Bagshot and a garden centre near me that also does holiday boarding, has an outbreak of myxi. Although its fairly common knowledge as they have cancelled boardings for 1 month, I'm not going to post the name on here.. I don't want to get RU in trouble. However, if anyone local wants details, feel free to send me a pm....

blimey, is a month long enough :shock: I bet that has scared alot of potential boarders. Its funny because the petshop I reported has stopped selling and now board, still not an ideal thing to do in my eyes, I dont think I would want to board my bun in a shop :cry:

Denny said:
blimey, is a month long enough :shock: I bet that has scared alot of potential boarders. Its funny because the petshop I reported has stopped selling and now board, still not an ideal thing to do in my eyes, I dont think I would want to board my bun in a shop :cry:
Must admit I thought it was weird as well. All those unvaccinated buns seems to be asking for trouble to me. :cry:

Lind80 said:
We have had a couple of cases of Myxi come into our surgery this week, in Petersfield!
Thats not a million miles away neither. Think I'll have a chat with the Vet tomorrow and ask how close do they think it has to be before they recommend 6 monthly jabs

.....this mild October has alot to answer for. Just been out to get some hay in ....B***** mozies EVERYWHERE......!! :evil: JCO and Buns xx

I never liked that holiday boarding anyway, they're all crammed in pretty tightly :( Myxi is about around this area, so be on high alert even if they've been vaccinated, cases of some still dying even tho vaccs are up to date are on the increase :(

Katie said:
I never liked that holiday boarding anyway, they're all crammed in pretty tightly :( Myxi is about around this area, so be on high alert even if they've been vaccinated, cases of some still dying even tho vaccs are up to date are on the increase :(
:shock: :shock: I'm defintely going to the Vets tomorrow then as they had their myxi vacs in April

god petersfeild is just down the road glad all my buns a mexied aparet form liittle pheebee who is to ill might ge ther done tuesday eney way

Petersfield is really close to me I'm in clanfield and treacle is too poorly to have a booster!!! :shock:

I know :evil: Stupid damn person that released the disease in the first place.

I've got three that aren't well enough to be jabbed :( I'm only in Bedhampton :(

Back