• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zorro's pnemonia was worse than they thought, didn't make it

The vet hospital called this morning to tell us that Zorro didn't make it through the night. The pnemonia was worse than they thought and think he may have had a tumor or something on his lungs. I am very sad, I guess I can feel good becuase even though he didn't make it, with us for parents he got lots of lovies and great vet care so he didn't suffer and die in the pet store. For now we are just going to stick with Lulu and not get her another buddy just yet. I couldn't stand to lose another one so soon. Any suggestions for a stuffed animal for Lulu to snuggle with as I am sure she will be loney. Please send some good vibes our way that Lulu doesn't get sick. :cry:

So sorry to hear about Zorro. :cry:
Is Lulu ok??Will keep my fingers crossed for her.
Hope you son and daughter are ok....its hard for kids!
sending hugs ((((HUGS)))) to you all...including little Lulu.

You could maybe try one of the kids soft toys in with her...just make sure there are no bits she could eat and swallow.

Leesa.

It's so sad that you lost 2 rabbits in a row. That must be difficult. I read your other thread about how Zorro cleans his feet. He must be a very adorable rabbit. Get Lulu a companion, keep her company.

i no how you feel 2 lose a rabbit so close 2 u i lost my rabbit mopsy she was 14 when she died cause of fireworks. i am soooo sorry :( :( :( :( :(

I lost a rabbit young from an unusual abcess that was initially believed to be snuffles. It is very hard when they die so young but things like that just aren't preventable and I am sure his short life was a happy one with you and Lulu!

Caz

So sorry to hear your news, his short life was so much better than it would have been if he had been still in the pet shop. As for what to put with Lulu I would maintain a bunny companion for her to snuggle up to, so much nicer than a soft toy.

Janice

So sorry to hear you sad news, at least you gave him a whole lot of love in his short life.
Thinking of you all
Love
Kayxx

Well I am surviving. I think I was meant to have Zorro because I would give him lots of love and good health care so he wouldn't suffer so I try to tell myself that. But I really loved him already and am very sad. My husband is very reluctant to get another bunny. He is having a worse time with the 2 deaths than me. So I will give it some time and try to get Lulu another companion. In the mean time she will be spending lots of time with me. I made her a special space in my sewing room, where I spend lots of time, so she can spend lots of time with me. I think we will keep checking back at the animal shelter for a compatible companion for her. I would like to find something that is already neutered and spayed but would the age difference pose a problem? Thanks for your support, I really appreciate all the opinions from people on this forum.

Back