• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fireworks

my rabbit is just coming up for 1 and he has never heard fireworks before and am scared he will die like my old 14 year old rabbit died of that he is in a hutch which is in a hut

Bring you bun in with you and have heaps of bunny huggles.

Have plenty of toys and treats about. Maybe having a closed off hallway in the centre of the house ready so its not so loud for bun.

Sorry to hear about your other bun at this time.

bronie

Hi crazyforabbits :) bl--dy firwworks :evil: my bunnies are terrified of them & we have been having them for weeks already :roll: i had thought that they brought in a law that they couldn,t be let of until a few days before the 5th. but it hasn,t stopped them round here UUURRGGHHH :evil: makes me SO angry to see my babies so scared b/c some moron decides its fun to let them off & they seem to get louder every year :(

I'm actually terrified of fireworks myself (please don't laugh) so this time of year is a nightmare for me. I actually got Miles on Nov. 5th last year and took him to the vets with fireworks going off everywhere. He wasn't scared at all - I was terrified!! Still, if you're worried I'd bring your bunny inside and create a calm, loving environment for it.

TOP TIP from a dog owner whose dog was terrified of fireworks: buy one of those meditation CDs from a new-age shop and put it on a loop whilst your pet is indoors hiding from the fireworks. It's calming, and it helps to mask out the noise.

AMETHYST

Ive got to say Ive just checked on my Dylan but - as usual - he doesnt seem remotely phased by it and is sat out in his run munching hay with bangs and lights all around. Which is good as when I bring him in he decides to anoint my kitchen which drives me mad!!!!!!!!

i think going to bring fluffy the baby inside as shes only about 13 weeks but the other two i think will be fine chicken is just watching them through her hutch
the dog hates them though lol

hi

Well I hope my lot don't mind them - I've only just put Benny outside last week - When he was indoors he looked as if he was going to die of fright every time I cooked dinner - I don't know if it was the smell or sound of it! And as for vacuuming near him :shock:

I'm guessing he'll huddle up in his litter box looking like he did every day when I cooked or vacuumed, then get over it when it all stops :?

Amethyst said:
I'm actually terrified of fireworks myself (please don't laugh) so this time of year is a nightmare for me. I actually got Miles on Nov. 5th last year and took him to the vets with fireworks going off everywhere. He wasn't scared at all - I was terrified!! Still, if you're worried I'd bring your bunny inside and create a calm, loving environment for it.

TOP TIP from a dog owner whose dog was terrified of fireworks: buy one of those meditation CDs from a new-age shop and put it on a loop whilst your pet is indoors hiding from the fireworks. It's calming, and it helps to mask out the noise.

AMETHYST

I've heard from other rabbit people to play music loudly to soothe them and help relax them. I'm not a firework fan either :(

Back