• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nutered

crazy4rabbits said:
does ma rabbit really need 2 get nutered or not cauz hes cuming up for 1 what would happen if i dident nuater him

is he the only rabbit? and the only one you are liable to get? if the answer to that is yes then NO you do not need to get him neutered, if you are going to get another in the furture or already have another the YES he does as you do not want any unplanned pregnancies

Eve x

If you think he has behavioural problems like spraying urine, humping things, biting and bad litter training then it is worth having him neutered.

Its always better to nuter, but not all bucks spray and they dont generally get oversexed if theres not a female about. Being hes a yr already i would have expected him to have already started all this if he was going to. As a rule the rates of cancer are higher in does than bucks, I have lots of males as i breed as well as rescue and i only have one that sprays and he started young :lol: .A well brought up rabbit should not get agressive. There early months are vital to there temprement and if youve had him since he was a baby then i should say he will stay as he is now. Do think about if at a later date you will want a partner for him though. val

crazy4rabbits said:
should i neuter him cauz he mite get angry dat he is not allowed 2 mate

I'd say the opposite! If you get him neutered then the hormone levels will go down and he won't actually want to mate. Whereas if you didn't get him neutered, he'd have raging hormones and wouldn't be able to actually have sex!

I'd say get him done, just to prevent any problems before they start. It's better to do it at around his age than leave it till he's older when there could possibly be complications.

AMETHYST

Hi Amethyst,

My Mr Binks is going in to be snipped next Wednesday *gulp*.
Thing is he is close on 6 years old, but we dearly want to get him a girlfriend. What kinds of complications are you referring to? Think its unwise for us to go through with the procedure?

Lee, x

I think Amethyst means that health problems can develop as they get older. If your vet has given your bun a thorough looking over and said that he's fine for the op, there should be no problems. Good luck Mr Binks!

*phew*
Good news that!

Bar some teething problems, Mr Binks seems in chipper tip-top shape.
We took him through a short while ago for a check up and he got the thumbs up. But over the last few months (since we adopted him) we have noticed much sneezing.

Been reading up on pasteurella and do hope its nothing serious.
I am sure that John the vet will give him a good looking over tho...

(and best I stop prattling cos I reeally am going off topic now ;) )

leepodlet, x

This is the problem I think, and I'm exactly the same about my own health, the more you know, the more you worry! I worry tremendously when all the bunnies are healthy, thinking I'm missing some vital sign of illness! I'd be a terrible mother :lol: :lol:

Back