• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving Buns overnight

Lanny

Warren Scout
Hi, just wanted to know if anyone has left their buns overnight? We are going to my parents on Friday morning and coming back saturday night a friend is coming round on friday night to give them their tea and they have loads of toys and a room to themselves so they will be ok won't they?

I've only left them over night eg gone friday night back saturday morning. Any longer and my friend drops in to check on them.

I worried about this last weekend! We went away saturday am and cameback sunday afternoon. My sister went in to feed them, and I told her what to look out for - poorly wise. She made sure they were all eating basically. The bunnies were all fine.

I've left mine by themselves in their room from one evening until the next late morning and they were fine. If it were for longer though I'd make sure someone came in to check on them/top up their food/cuddle them etc.

They'll be fine.

Im a really worrier too, even if i go out for the whole day and don't come come back until 11.00pm i get my brother to come round and see Alfie and play with him for an hour!!

When i first met my other half he could'nt understand why i worried about being out all day and having to get someone to go and play with Derek. Now hes just as bad as me :lol: his mum has to come round and check on the gang :) .

My boyfriend doesn't know i get people to come round and play with Alfie - he thinks im obsessed enough as it is and i drive him nuts saying "do you think Alfie is ok" - i dont bother anymore cause he is sooo not interested in him which is a realy shame :cry:

I just know I will spend the whole time thinking about them and if they are ok :lol: ,

I wouldn't worry so much if it was a cat or a dog so why do bunnies get to us so much?

Last night I spent a good 10 minutes in Tescos reading the back of dried fruit packets to make sure they didn't have too much sugar and were reasonably high in fibre! I don't bother like that over my own food.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell me about it, i go mad buying posh salad also it HAS to be organic for Derek a Ruby but the other half gets bog standered stuff! :lol: :lol:

I went away last Sat morn til Sun a/n and my neighbour fed the buns Sat eve and Sun morn - I left little bags of their veg and a reminder note to make sure they had enough hay - when I got back, you couldnt see the run for hay but at least they had enough!!

I was worried about them all w/end though. One dog went to kennels for the night and one stayed with my daughter - the hassle of going just for one night - I said I wouldnt bother next time!! :roll:

Hi there
We've left Phoebo alone for a night but I have loads of traumas attached to going away!
We live in an area quite rife with foxes, we've seen them outside the front of our house and our back garden is not far away and there is an alleyway at the back of our garden (for the neighbours to get access to their gardens)
anyway (sorry I'm not good at short!), I like to cover Phoebo's hutch up at night in case any foxes get in the garden and scare him (but can foxes jump a 6ft fench?? doubt it!!)
So I'm totally paranoid about this and always get someone to go and cover him up at night and uncover him and feed him in the morning.
I'm lucky in the respect that my Bro is within walking distance of my house, my Sis is a 5min drive away and we have 2 work colleagues and a neighbour who will always help out!!!
Phew!!!
Joo x

Hi, i was away last weekend for 2 nights but arranged for friends to come in and feed the 4 buns. they also played with them and even cleaned out their hutches! I was fair impressed with that but they used up half a bag of sawdust for 1 hutch! all the buns were fine and kept in touch with my friends by text to see how things were going- that way i didn't worry too much! of course missed them when i was away and it was great to see them when i got back!

i had cats before bob and never fretted leaving them by themselves for a bit...
when i went on vacation last and had bob and it was just my hubby in the house i don't think i've ever fretted more (like a mom with a baby!!) but everyone was well when i came back!! i think they're all pretty indestructible!!

Back