• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tarpaulin?

I had this idea the other day, but the o/h said it wouldn't work! :shock: :roll: I'll have to have words. DO you have any piccies?

nope but can take some im adding one to dusteys hutch later works well for me covers the hole run down to half the sides

I bought one from screwfix - about £6 I think but is massive! I have folded it up and put it over the two hutches so that if weather gets too bad I can put it right over for the night. Dont like using it so much in the day on the run cos I think it takes all the light away so I use plastic corrugated sheeting - am just in the throws of buying some more - I find it keeps the rain off the run the best! :D

Or for a really really expensive one, tarpaulinsdirect do a seethrough one, I was thinking of getting one to cover over my run for the winter, my hubby hates the corrugated plastic, he says it makes the garden look really ugly and would prefer something I could roll back on nice days.

How do people who use corrugated plastic sheeting stop it from blowing off. I have a sheet on the top of my hutch, weighted down with a brick, and it still blows off if it is windy.

Jane

maxbun said:
How do people who use corrugated plastic sheeting stop it from blowing off. I have a sheet on the top of my hutch, weighted down with a brick, and it still blows off if it is windy.

I have punctured sets of 2 holes in each corner and along the middle, and thread a bit of garden wire through, attach it to the run underneath then back up through the other hole and tie it down. Works a treat :D

I find the corry sheet keeps the run dryer than plastic sheeting and allows air and light through. Mine seems to stay put ok and it gets very windy here! Am in the process of getting some more for the other run :D
As for the look of it - I dont think it looks too bad and I'd rather the buns were dry :D

Hutches002.jpg

I use Tapaulin on the top of Blossom and Bramble's run it alsi stops the rain from lashing into their home .. as they always have the door open in the day. I think I paid about £2 for a 3mx4m realy really cheap and it keeps them dry :D

Where do you get a corry sheet from?? is that the one with a ripple effect as that's what i need as its sturdy and looks like it would keep the rain out more!!.

Bonnie

Back