• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squeaking bunny!

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi All

My new lionhead bunny is 9.5mths old and ive had her for 2 weeks.
She seems to squeek when i go near her although loves being cuddled when picked up.
Just wondered if this was normal??
She has been checked by vet and is fine....so is this just the way she is?
My male George growls when u go near him/his cage!!!very territorial!
Any replies gratefully welcome!!
TIA

Leesa.

Is that what it means - if so that would make me so happy. I had a little black lop when i was younger and every time i picked him up he used to squeak

I think you would also have to consider the context and the bunny body language - is she ears forward and eyes wide, or ears flat against her head and hunched body/squinty eyes? If she is ears forward etc, then yes it sounds like she is excited to see you; if she is backing into a corner, or has her ears flat etc, then it could be that she is scared. There is a really good site on bunny body language (link below), it should really help you to put into context what your bunny is saying to you.

Hope that helps!

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

wow I didn't know bunnies could squeak!
I've heard Phoebo breath heavily, well that's what it sounded like! and I can hear him chewing or crunching his food but cool!
so long as its not a bad thing of course, but I can't help with that...
Joo x

Fidget squeaked at me yesterday, I thought she was annoyed with me! She was trying to squeeze her way between my arm and my body at the time.

Then she peed on the couch...

This rabbit stuff is sooo inconvenient sometimes... :D

5cutebunnies said:
Does she circle your feet too? Is your bunny neutered? I think your bunny is in love with you

My Molly does this! Cirlcles my feet and makes little nioses at me!! She loves me!! And Patch used to do it all the time!!!!!

Agree with you becky mine squeek when there pregnant if a male comes near, and both sexes do it as a sign they want to mate :lol: val

Chicken squeaks alot.
He also circles my feet, as well as climbing my legs and licking them.
Chicken needed alot of one on one care when he was only 6weeks old, so to him I am his bunny mummy.

Back