• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tobey's gone a little bit bonkers!

allyandtobey

Alpha Buck
tobey was neutered a week ago today, and since yesterday he's been being really destructive, in particular tearing away layers of cardboard etc, and normally he's really good with his litter boxes (even tho he chose the sofa!) but hes been moving his boxes out the way so he can poo and on the actual sofa and doing loads of it everywhere! :lol:

is this just his hormones going on a bender before they say a final farewell?

when I had the boys neutered their litter training habbits went out the window for a while ... can't remember for sure but I think it was about 3 weeks before they sorted themselves out again and relaised that everything should be in the litter trays.

As for cardboard box chopping .... Blossom can destroy the largest box within hours ... she just loves it!

We had one of our bunnies in doors for a couple of weeks a little while back. He had been neutered for 10 months and fully litter trained but he used to intentionally (and no I'm not being paranoid) poo on my favourite leather chair. He was just marking his territory and saying "this is mine" and "this is mine" ...... He did it because I sat in it a lot and it probably had my scent on it. Maybe that's why Tobey's doing it??

Sweep used to do it at night when I wasn't around so I used to place a bit of newspaper on the chair. Really funny thing is he'd never do it when the newspaper was there as if he new it was easy to clean.

That Rabbit is my nemesis :shock:

hehehe, i've never sat on my sofa since tobey arrived ;) i never got a chance! as soon as he jumped up next to me and left me a little pile of nesquicks i knew my comfy seating days were over ;) hopefully he will settle down again soon, i've abandoned his cage and just used the plastic bottom as a massive litter tray at the moment :lol:

as for the cardboard that doesn't matter i just don't want him to be bored or frustrated! he has a lot of things to do, and normally doesn't rip things up so i just wondered if his behaviour was a little different cos of the neutering.

thanks for the replies :D

Back