• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

new bun

kim 106

Mama Doe
pheebee is ariving on tuesday but when i asked the owner now what she feed she said the same old eneything pheebee is about 9/10 weeks old whats the best thing to feed here as she will need alib for a while yet

awww finally keryy uve been waiting ages to get her shes a lionhead lol nice and fluffy
ask her and see what mix or pellets shes on and then gradually change her over onto the food you normally give your buns

yep aprantly she a lionhead havent seen her yet so dont know for sure next trip is to the vets for mexi jab and to make sure of the sex as the owner doseent know still trying to fined out what ever is or it will be hay and a teaspoon of pellets for this girl for a few days been wating for her for a few weeks weeks now ever since the litter was a few weeks old shes the only one who suvided the rest are at the bridge poor little things i hope she suvives too

When ARC get bunnies in who we don't either know what food they were eating prior to coming into us or they are on somthing ocscure that we don't know where to get a supply of it from, we tend to put them on a hay only diet for a few days and then slowly introducing the pellets we use. In that way there is no great sudden change to their diet apart from an increase in the amount of hay that they eat. It may also be helpful if you also give some probiotics for a couple of days so that this change of diet and the stress of moving homes has less effect on her gut.

Janice

ok will do got to take her to the vet on wednesday for mexi jab and cheeck up as the rest of the litter dident make it im worried about her to cant get her untill tuesday owners been away

wellhave emaled the owner to see what shes on this week and will get her that for a rew days then wean her ontowhat my buns have

Ive always put new comers on to my alan and page pellits as they are very bland they never cause a problem, especialy if theve bin on a mix thats nearly always very high in protine. val

right finay found out rougthly what shes on wag bunny crunch um think not or russel rabbit bit better will get that me things plus veg as mutch as she wants um thought they had no veg untill 12 weeks no hay from what i can make out will fix that one prompto

Back