• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so angry

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Not sure if this rescue business is going to be good for my blood pressure.
Some of you may have seen the mum, dad, and babies I picked up this week. Well...yesterday I picked up 2 bunnies. the lady told me Merlin ,male , was 2 years old and Stella , female was 18 months. She was very upset at having to give them up and gave me a donation for taking them and lots of supplies which she had just been out to buy for me. I thought how kind!
I left the two buns to settle overnight as they were very stressed by the car journey..they travelled in their own cages. This morining I went to check them over.... :evil: :evil: :cry:
Their nails were so long they had twisted round and grown into their feet.pic below of trimmings and 3 of Merlin's nails that came away from his feet when I touched them :cry: the trimmings dont look too long as I cut off bits at a time and these are only a few of them.
nails.jpg

Stella smelt bad and when I turned her over..she was a HE and coated in mess all over bottom and testicles.
Stella is now called Becks..and has been washed.
Becks
Becks.jpg

Becks1.jpg

Merlin
Merlin.jpg

Merlin2.jpg

It may be upsetting but I'm glad I started the rescue because i hate to think where these poor buns would have ended up if I hadn't collected them.

poor bunnies .
i just feel sick and sad this morning . dont feel mad anymore just so fed up and sad. :cry:

i think we are all fighting a loseing battle :cry:

Angie

You're not fighting a losing battle - saving one rabbit's life or giving a neglected bunny a final few hours or days of love undoes so much of the badness. Far from losing - you are always winning!

AMETHYST

I just can't comprehend how any one could treat animals like this, I am so glad they've ended up with you. I realise it must be hard and admire all of you who do things like this and hope that one day I'm brave enough to do it too. For now I think that even if each of us just helps one then its a step in the right directions. Hugs to you, Becks and Merlin.

[quote="bunnymadhouse
i think we are all fighting a loseing battle :cry:

Angie[/quote]

I know its very upsetting and you must feel like you are banging your head against a wall but you do an amazing job saving these bunnies.

Well done to all the rescues out there who do a fantastic job x x

Becks1.jpg

How can you look at that face and say we lost :)

We're winning, it might be a slow process but we are. Every bun saved, every person that adopts a bun from a rescue, every person that learns how to care better.

We'll win even if I personally have to go around and knock sense into everyone with a rabbit ;)

Tam

ahhh becks looks similar to my skip......those nails were awful though do people never look at their animals ?

They are such lovely cute boys. It is shocking how she could have let their nails grow so long but at least she has given them up so they can find a good home.

I was also wondering if you are going to put your bunnies on the search pages because when you search for bunnies in Leicestershire nothing comes up?

/

Estelle I haven't put them on yet as waiting for them to settle a bit so I can see some of their personalities....and check they are ok....will add them later today just for you!! :lol: Are you after another bun..I know where there are some lovley babies!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: Ok thanks! Just want to make sure when I talk my friends into getting a bun they can find some in this area :D

I had a look at two young rabbits yesterday. I offered to help the owners cause they called these two 5 months old lops lesbians and I asked when was the last time they checked the sex. They had never done it. The breeder had checked when they were 6-7 weeks old and again at 3 month. So they had never thought about it. So she handed me the rabbit that had been humping the other one and I took a look. Lots of fur. I had to search for a little while. But I found what I was looking for. A pair of VERY small nuts. :oops: I had a look at the other rabbit. And I pretty sure she didnt have gas.. I will try to give them advice about things they should do and offer to bring the male to the vet. Maybe I can get a little friend for Fabian if they let the babies grow up.

Tamsin said:
Becks1.jpg

How can you look at that face and say we lost :)

We're winning, it might be a slow process but we are. Every bun saved, every person that adopts a bun from a rescue, every person that learns how to care better.

We'll win even if I personally have to go around and knock sense into everyone with a rabbit ;)

Tam

i am so glad you said that tam, if not i was gonna "look at that mouch!" i could eat him, how cute is he! good luck jil,!!!!

Eve x

Every little bit counts. I have been mentioning RabbitRehome to everyone I know and I think even if just one of them goes to the website instead of a breeder or pet shop, then I have done a good thing. No one can do everything, but if a lot of people do what they can, then that adds up to a lot. Sorry if that sounds a bit cheesey, but it's true!!
Keep up the good work everyone! :D

Those nails! Bloody hell...really, do people pay ANY attention to their pets? That's just...outrageous. It really is.

You deserve so much credit for rescuing buns...I couldn't say enough, I really couldn't.

Back