• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Translating behaviour?

We let Florence have the run of the downstairs livingroom and kitchen each evening. Because it's laminate flooring, we bought her a big bit of offcut carpet to play on (actually, my parents just had a new carpet fitted, so I stole the offcut from that).

Anyway, she loves her carpet, it means she can binky around the livingroom without sliding out of control. Tonight I was lying on the carpet, watching TV and she did her usual routine of binkying around the carpet, using me as a climbing frame etc etc. But then, instead of lying down a foot or so away from me, she came over sat on the carpet in front of me and snuggled into my tummy for 10 minutes, then got up and snuggled into my chest. I thought she was being loving, but when she got up I counted 55 little poo's sitting next to me. She then started binkying about, but not alongside me, but right up against me, so close that she actually bumped into me a couple of times.

What I'm trying to figure out is, was she being loving and bonding with me, or was she trying to tell me to get back to my sofa and get off her carpet? If anyone has any ideas on bunny behaviour, I'd be grateful for your comments! :)

Sounds like she marked you as hers and then invited you to join her in racing around the room. Next time try joining in the binkies ;)

sounds to me that she is saying I love you and your mine :lol: poos like that are territory marking, the snuggling is amazing, means she really trusts you, your very lucky!!

if she was telling you to back of, she would be aggressive, growl scratch, bite etc

anybody more experienced correct me if I am wrong. :?

How cute! Sugar, my firstborn bunny, loves binkying around us, we have a game where we stand in the middle of the room and he begins to run round and round us and we have to turn with him. He likes to stay just out of our sight so all we see is his little white bobtail running, then every now and then he changes direction and we have to keep up. Only trouble is not getting dizzy! And I'm a bit miffed that he seems to prefer playing it with my hubby than me!!

Back