• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blueberry muffin wasnt eating ...now eating his veggies ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Got up this morning and blueberry muffin hadnt eaten a thing from his bowl. Hed been eating less and less for the last 2 days which is unusual as he usualy eats everything in sight. so i was getting a bit worried but he was lively enough till this morning.
took him to the vets and they kept him in as it was spurs on his back teeth.was planning to have him neutored anyway ( been putting it off for 2 years) so they did both ends in 1 go.
hes back home now but feeling very sorry for himself. got him inside for now so i can keep an eye on him (which is difficult as he is huge) and he seems ok although hes only nibbling on food.
Nemo is not impressed that theres another male bun in the house either he keeps pooing every where .
Well im shattered with all the running about and worry and my grandkids will be here for the night soon . never mind soon be bed time.
Angie :D

blue berry muffin is still very subdued this morning . still hardly eaten anything just a small bit of pear and a piece of apple and a few grapes. wont touch his mix or pellets.

bunnymadhouse said:
blue berry muffin is still very subdued this morning . still hardly eaten anything just a small bit of pear and a piece of apple and a few grapes. wont touch his mix or pellets.

Poor bun, he's got both ends to be grumpy about!

Fern was always like that the day after her dentals, then she'd pick up in the evening and scoff for england. I hope blue berry muffin is ok, lots of love and nose rubs from us.

was running back to vets last night after syringe feeding blueberry muffin . hes hardly eaten anything since friday , then yesterday refused to eat at all. 3 injections (gut stimilant,painkiller, and antibiotic)
just gonna check him see if hes eaten in night , if not ill be getting the syringe out again. (not easy hes one huge bun)
he should have started his vaccs last night but had to hold of with him not being well.

Angie

hope bluberry muffin gets better soon, my Treacle pie is due to have his Spurs done soon too!

Oh, I hope your bunny gets better soon. :( Have you tried syringing fresh pineapple juice to help get things moving?

still not eating much. had eaten a jar of baby food during night and has had some grated apple this morning . tried to syringe him again at dinner time but was impossible as i was on my own . he got realy cross and bit a huge hole in my coat. have bought him some pears and grapes as all he will eat is fruit , hope it doesnt give him the runs too. will syringe him some more soaked pellets later when mick here to give me a hand. back to vets tomoz if no better. getting realy worried now as this is dragging on now . and just to make matters worse Thumper in for a dental tomoz so that will be another worry as hes over 7 years old now and took a while to come round last time.
STRESS ,STRESS , STRESS
Angie

Carrot tops and parsley and coriander usually prove irresistable. And it might be worth getting some critical care - they seem to like that and it is very good and doesn't need chewing. I add avipro to it as there is soluble fibre in the avipro.

That is the trouble with these big bunnies isn't it, when they object it is hard to argue :?

I hope he gets his appetite back soon.

giving him avipro already. usualy works like magic but not this time. tried to get some herbs today but dont drive and local shops hadnt any . not checked him yet just cleaning hopes cage first . back in a mo.

hurrayhes eaten it given him some more and some grapes and pear and broccoli. fingers crossed i hope its gone in morning. :)

while i was cleaning hopes cage and checking blue i put Hope in bathroom for a run around...must be feeling better shes been eating my litter bin :shock:

hurray ... at last blueberry muffin is showing a bit of interest in food . hes tucking into his fruit and veg. still wont eat his mix or pellets though , but looks brighter . actualy came to great me this morning , first time since his op fri.

Angie

Back