• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonfire Night

ladystardust

Alpha Buck
I'm pretty new to housing rabbits etc.

When it comes to the weeks leading up to Bonfire night before and after where do you keep your bunnies? I am thinking of rehousing my lovely pair indoors in a plastic cage.

Mine are houserabbits anyway so they are always indoors. A good setup is to have a cage and puppy pen (see pic below). The cage cost me £50 and the pen cost £25 - sounds expensive but could easily come in handy again (future bonfire nights, quarantining etc.) so is a wise investment IMHO.

chinarocket1070705.jpg

AMETHYST

Thank you!
I have a similar cage to the one you have. The puppy pen is sweet! I had seen something similar for a rabbit but at £10 more.
Are you using old carpet in the pen? :oops:

ladystardust said:
Thank you!
I have a similar cage to the one you have. The puppy pen is sweet! I had seen something similar for a rabbit but at £10 more.
Are you using old carpet in the pen? :oops:

That's ok! You're more than welcome. I've found a pen on eBay that's bigger than mine and £33.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-PANEL-KITTE...7720207290QQcategoryZ1283QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll keep looking!

On the floor of the run I'm using a cheapo throw from a wholesale outlet in Staines. Only cost a tenner!

AMETHYST

Cool.
I've been trying to find some offcuts from Ebay but no luck.
A cheap throw in a good idea, will keep my eye out for something.

All of my 85 odd rabbits are outdorrs and none are scared by the bangs, ive been stood down there while there going of and they dont bat an eye. :D . val

I leave all mine over a year old outside as they're used to the noise, I'll be bringing in my youngest buns as they'll only just be 20 weeks

fireworks

My bunnies are terrified of the bangs which have been going on for several weeks already :( on the night itself i sit out with them & sing (not very well) to try to drown out the noise as they are so scared :(

Bindi is fine with the fireworks. As i have two new piggies and Bindi i checked for the first few nights that they were ok. I cover them up at night with a ground sheet as soon as it gets dark anyway. It basically just gives them routine and tells them its time for bed.

Bindi probably just thinks "Hey, someone actuallt stomps louder then me!"

Gracie and animals x

It can't be worse than all the thunder storms we've had recently and my lot didn't seem to mind those. Except Niamh but she quakes when cars go past!!! :lol:

mmmm An entertaining night for me!!

I will be having them all inside, but will have to make sure bugzee is out so she can race back and forth on the bay window ledge!! (windows closed so she doesn`t try for a closer look!!)

Yip, not being cruel here, she just loves watching fire works!! She gets all excited and doesn`t know which end to sit and watch from!! I do have the diningroom table there so she doesn`t fall down!!

She just loves watching them and even to the point of standing up on her hind legs watching!!

Sadly its a time to worry as there and many nasty ppl out there who don`t consider the extended family members.

Back