• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Juicy Coture Rabbit Fur Jackets

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
Ick...I HATE Juicy Coture clothes anyway (That Colleen McWhat'sherface does nothing to glamourise such tacky ****)...but I was just horrified to find the number of rabbit fur jackets and rabbit fur trim jackets they're selling (I was just randomly browsing clothes on the net)...and all the publicity the brand get as being the "thing" to wear in all the celebrity gossip magazines! "Seen on all the celebrites"...*shudder*. I don't know if I'm sheltered or naive sometimes or what, but I honestly thought that people had become a bit less barbaric when it comes to these things. Obviously I was sadly mistaken.

And the descriptions..."natural rabbit fur" or "natural asiatic racoon fur". Ahem, no, if it was "natural", it would still be attached to the ******* animal... :evil:

Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson have apparently been seen wearing them. Not that it surprises me, but I'd love to suggest to Britney (far from the sharpest knife in the drawer that she is), that I'd just LOVE to have a handbag made out of her dog's fur.

I know, it's appalling.

I was shocked the other day to see a Mink fur throw in none other than the Argos catalogue. :shock: :shock: I mean, you'd have thought that at least the lower end of the market would stock non-fur products?!! It doesn't matter what the animal is, using its fur when that's all you're farming it for, often in filthy conditions and without proper care, it's sick and barbaric, and should be outlawed IMHO.

AMETHYST

Well, people who buy/wear real animal fur are just ignorant b******s who are obviously lacking in much grey matter between the ears. Hopefully they'll find they have a nasty fur allergy and come out in a rash in an embarassing place. JCO xx

fur

Anyone selling FUR items should be forced to look at IFAW,s website & see "that" video clip of a raccoon dog being skinned ALIVE :( :evil: it is quite the most revolting :evil: disgusting :( horrible thing i have ever seen & i have looked at most of these sites :( I look b/c these people from IFAW risk their lives to show us what is happening at these awful fur farms :( so that it will be stopped :) I am sure that if they watched that video then they would not want to wear fur. :cry:

Amethyst said:
I know, it's appalling.

I was shocked the other day to see a Mink fur throw in none other than the Argos catalogue. :shock: :shock: I mean, you'd have thought that at least the lower end of the market would stock non-fur products?!! It doesn't matter what the animal is, using its fur when that's all you're farming it for, often in filthy conditions and without proper care, it's sick and barbaric, and should be outlawed IMHO.

AMETHYST

The only mink throws in argos are faux fur. I don't think they would sell any real fur as it would cost hundreds of pounds.
People that wear real fur are sad.

Estelle said:
The only mink throws in argos are faux fur. I don't think they would sell any real fur as it would cost hundreds of pounds.
People that wear real fur are sad.

I hope that's true - it's just that on the page of throws all the others said "faux fur throw" apart from the mink one, which just said "mink fur throw". I really, really hope that it is fake!

AMETHYST

I must be another niave person as i honestly believed that with all the negative publicity that has gone on over recent years regarding this barbaric practise people were finally realising, ` it`s not cool`!
I don`t know what else i can say without going into one! So i just hope that sooner rather then later someone can convince these more ignorant people that it isn`t cool to be wearing another animal on their backs and then hopefully the needless suffering will finally stop once and for all!

I shall now step down off my soapbox!
Su :evil:

I don't understand what would posess anyone to want to wear fur...I mean...why?! Not only do those big fur coats (real or fake), look horrendous on anyone...who can someone put on a real fur coat and not think twice about what they're doing?

I despair at some people's lack of conscience, I really do.

Back