• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Buttons

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Dearest little Buttons,
I know you weren't mine but you touched my heart, three short weeks I knew you for and in that time I didn't get round to taking a photo of you :cry:

You were the bravest little boy I know, you were just a mere baby at 14 weeks old, you came in to us from a heartbreaking situation, your human mum was a victim of domestic violence and you lived your life in fear of your 'dad', although he never touched you it broke your mum's heart to have to give you up to us.

You came to us scared we were going to hit you but within a few minutes of realising we wouldn't hurt you, you came out of your shell, eager for nose rubs and love.

I met you a couple of days after you came to us and I fell in love with you, I was wary at first having been attacked by a Netherland Dwarf before, but I could see in your eyes you weren't going to hurt me.

The next time I saw you, we went to the vets for your Mxyi jabs and you struggled and fought with the vet, back out in the car, I got you out from your carrier and sat you in my lap, you were eager for the love and attention, you gave me kisses and snuggled into my arms, you were the gentlest little boy anyone could have wished for, you would have been the perfect companion for a little girl somewhere.

That was last week, the last time I saw you alive.

On Saturday you came down with something, we don't know what, but you had a terrible runny bottom, you were taken to the vets and we were advised to put you on Hay and water for a while.

Sadly it didn't work as you got worse and finally, yesterday, your little body couldn't cope anymore and you passed away in your hutch surrounded by all the other buns :cry:

Run free little man, play amongst the clover and long grass, binky to your hearts content, never will you have to live in fear again. I know my darling Peaches is looking after you now.

I only knew you a short time but I'm heartbroken, you were a special brave little soldier.

I love you Buttons :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: bless you little Buttons. He obviously bonded with you in that short space of time Gem. Take care of yourself.

that made me well up reading that.

really sorry to hear about your little boy, lucky he had you, if only for a short time x

So sorry Gem about poor Buttons...your photo is in your heart though

hugs_hg_wht.gif
for you

Aw, poor little mite. He knew happiness though in the last few weeks of his life, and he obviously really loved you and appreciated your care.

AMETHYST

Back