• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie's new hutch (no pic but question)

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
I got Alfie a double jumbo from Hop and Hutch, i put him in it quickly this morning and then had to leave for work.

He looked very unsure of the ramp/ladder that goes up to the next level.

I am sitting here a bit worried wondering if he is going to hurt himself trying to go up and down or no be able to get up at all where his food and water is..

Am i being neurotic or will he sort this out for himself??

PS. Boyfriend is far from impressed at the size of this hutch taking over the garden :cry:

He will sort himself out, you may need to show him how to use the stairs later if he hasn't discovered how to do it by this evening. As long as he starts on the same level as the food and water he will be fine. If the food is on a different level from him at the moment, he will be fine if he has hay until you get home.

Janice

Our Daisy actually fell down the ladder the first day, and Maisy looked scared of it. but they soon got the hang of it....

Poor Daisy!!

Thanks Bubbles - hopefully when i get home Alfie is still in one piece...Its a really nice hutch (massive!)

Hopefully, he'll be zooming up and down by the time you get home. Bunsters have a habit of sitting around with a worried expression on their (cutey-pie) little faces while you're watching them encounter something new, but as soon as you turn away they're tearing round like hooligans :? Well, that's what mine do anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Tell your boyfriend that the hutch is average sized, as modern hutches go, it's just that his garden is a bit on the small side :wink:

PS Tell your boyfriend that the hutch is average sized, as modern hutches go, it's just that his garden is a bit on the small side

Ha haaa, actually that is a very good thing to say - thanks for that!

Bubbles i want to post a pic of Alfie and the hutch etc but i dont know how too :cry:

Will need to re-read the instructions again cause i have loads of pic's of him!

came home last yesterday and he was fine, kept going up and down the stairs - he loves it, i took the bottom bit off the let him have a run of the garden, he ran around the garden a couple of times and then went back to his hutch!!

Back