• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skittles has passed over ......:(

bunnymad

Warren Scout
Hi everyone

With a broken heart and tears pouring down my face I post to inform you thats today I took Skittles to the vet to be put to sleep, cremated and his ashes scattered at our local pet cemetery.

http://202.21.128.20/photoserver/23/14139223_full.jpg

heres a darling photo of him this morning before we went.

This little man had a hard life.

His ear was when off at a very early age. Skittle came into our lives on sat just passed. A vet visit wasn`t too hopeful but I had the option to have his "no ear" operated on to try and get the pus out and it all to heal. The chances of Skittle leading a pain free normal life was very very low. The risks of the op and ops in the future and loads of injections was not a very bright future for my baby.

Sadly the only option is to let them go while they have quality of life and not suffering.

This morning I drove him to the vets to get PTS and cremated.

This is one of the most hardest things I have ever had to do as the infection hadn`t reached his brain yet and he was so so full of life and happy.

He lived his life like a king with every whim meet. (sorry about the bad spelling) During the short time in our lives.

Peace be with you my little darling. You will always have a warm pain free bed in my heart.

bronie

aw what a little darling , i,m so sorry you had to make that decision :( . I,ve done it and i know its not easy . xxx

You have made a brave decision and I commend you for not letting your little boy suffer, bug hugs and Binky free into the eternal sunshine Skittles :cry:

Binky free, little man, whole again! Bronie, you made a very hard and very brave decision, it was the most precious gift you could have given to Skittles. I agree with you love can be very, very hard and you have shown yours for him by doing what you did. Big hugs to you.

Awww I'm so sorry for your loss - you did a brave thing for your little man and the sadness you feel now is so natural and only shows how much you cared for this little bunny - sending a hug.

Binky Free little one.

You've shown the ultimate act of love, putting Skittles needs before your own. To make this decission whilst he is pain free is SO BRAVE. Many people would not have that amount of courage. I have often had to make that awful final journey too, it never gets any easier. Skittles knows how much you loved him and now he is in a place where he'll NEVER suffer and he'll be with all our buns who have crossed the bridge. Have lots of bunster-fun little Skittles. JCO xx

So sorry tohear your sad news - such a difficult decision to make but now Skittles is free from hurt and went with a smile on his face knowing he was loved even just for a short timexx

so sorry at your news. well done for handling it so well and doing the right thing.

it is the hardest thing to do.

all out thoughts and best wishes

debbie & p-bunny

Poor Bronie, what you gave Skittles was the ultimate sacrifice, it is you now who needs comforting. He is beautiful and now will be Lord of the Bridge because he will be the centre of interest with his one ear and his fascinating history! Just think on that Bronie and the fact that he was so happy with you

This is for you

bears01.gif

You did the best thing possible for little Skittles. I know how you feel - I loved a mouse of mine so much that I paid £110 to have him pts in the middle of the night because I wanted to end his suffering. If I'd have waited till morning it would have been £27. I didn't care about the money. Clearly the same was with you, you made the right decision for your baby, and he will always love you for that.

AMETHYST

Why do I open these messages when I'm at work - they are always so difficult to read - especially stories like this one :(

Since losing Jaro - I find it difficult to read these posts - but just had to post here.

Really sorry to hear you had to let him go like that - its never an easy decision to live with, no matter how obviously it was the right thing to do.

You can see form the photo that he was a special bun - really open.

It was just meant to be this way - at least he had a few days being treated like a King with you - and knew the kind of love that you could give him.

You made the right choice.

And as Marlene said - he is bound to be the centre of attention.

Take care

Sweet dreams and run free Skittles

Martin & Pam

so sorry, I remember reading your post asking for advice about this wee chap, you made the best choice for the bun, and for you too

sending love and hugs xxxxxx

Back