• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bob's back!!

bobsmom

Young Bun
I just got back from vacation two days ago, and scheduled a few days extra before i have to go back to work...
I figured with the extra time, it was the perfect timing to get Bob in to be neutered and inspected by the vet..
i dropped him off yesterday morning and picked him up this morning. so far he seems to be resting mostly, and napping-- although he was rather thirsty when he first got home. He got a clean bill of health from the vet (teeth look good, they said!!) and he doesn't seem to be worrying his stitches, so everything looks good!!
i also was online last night and found a girl bunny that just tugs at my heart-- pitch black, and shares my name!! but i know that right now we should wait before we get a girl, because i want to be able to give her the space and attention she deserves, and i know it wouldn't be fair right now.
thank y'all for various postings and what not, because i feel like i am doing right for bob.
also -- i did manage to find a rescue in my "area". they are over in the dallas- fort worth area, but i think that when we are ready to get the little girl, it'll be well worth the drive over there!!

I have a 12 week old blue rex buck ,Flynn. His eyes are watering cos all the posts we've read tonight are about boy buns having 'the op'!! Glad Bob is back home and being a brave boy!! JCO xx

i feel absolutely isolated in this area with regards to vet care and bob. i fele as if i am the only person within about 100 miles with pet rabbit that takes them to the vet. they made the comment at least once or twice that "we don't get many rabbits" and that made me nervous, but he seemed to come through ok.
side note-- there has been the twice a year pledge drive on the public radio station here in this area. they had a "pet challenge" yesterday, and there were dogs, cats, chinchillas, and one snake...

bob's mom called in and made a contribution on his behalf, and you could hear the DJ chuckling at that one (the only bunny all day!! :D )

Back