• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heat & Lightening in bunny mansions??????

bunnies

Alpha Buck
As the title say`s have moved the guy`s into the shed, but it is dark now in the mornings and early at night was wondering on what to use for lighting, at the moment i take my torch which is re-chargable.

Also anyone have heting for the shed??

I am about to set up solar powered lighting in my shed using panels, leisure batteries, an inverter and normal lighting.

Lorna at Greenfields uses mains electricity, ceramic greenhouse heaters and lighting on a timer switch. http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk/diycabins.asp there is a little bit more information on her website.

Janice

I got my hubby to put electric in the sheds ... they both have lighting .... and last year the boys had a heater, that I set to come on if the tempreture dropped to low at night.

I was thinking about looking at some of the greenhouse heaters as I know the one I used last year just gobbled up the elcetric

my shed has a plug socket on the shed that I have attached a light to. I have just run the wire in a plastic tube through the garden and into the house through the window it was easy

Ive run a cable to my shed for lighting that is fluresent tubes, also for my fans in the summer. Heating is not needed, your rabbits will grow there winter coats and to not need added heat.Ive even had babys in the shed in the winter with no worries there fine. G/pigs i would worry a bit about if we had bad snow,there not so hardy but ive still had mine outside just with a lot of straw up to the foof of there cage in there bed part. val

Back