• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another pets@Home query....

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
My friend purchased a rabbit on Saturday as no one wanted it and she took pity on the poor thing..anyway, on the pens they were in it said the breed etc and it said "do not feed lettuce of cabbage"

I know lettuce isn't good for buns...but cabbage?? i thought that was ok???

cabbage is fine, lettuce is a no-no, maybe that store has a phantom person sneaking about tryin to feed cabbage to the buns! its in the basic training whats safe for buns to eat and whats not :shock: :lol: yes training lol

Cabbage in too great a quantities can cause loose stools or gas!

To be honest though I once told Brendan to give the rabbits cabbage with their dinner and got home to find the two pairs had half a cabbage each :shock: !! They didn't seem to have a problem after devouring that much in one go!

Caz

I might get some for mine to try, never thought they could eat it!

What about califlower leaves? Has anyone tried? I have some in the fridge, and was just wondering...!

anna said:
What about califlower leaves? Has anyone tried? I have some in the fridge, and was just wondering...!

Yup their fave part. Mine ignore the cauliflower florets and eat the leaves!

Caz

Cauliflower leaves are a great fav. They love them.

Too much cabbage can be bad as it is high in calcium and a bun prone to kidney stones or sludge in their urine shouldn't have any. This applies to all dark green veg.

Caz said:
anna said:

Yup their fave part. Mine ignore the cauliflower florets and eat the leaves!

Caz

I gave them some, just a little bit, and they loved it! Even Dougal, he is normally very picky about what he eats! Must be good, I'll get some more next time I go to Sainsbury's - more califlower cheese for me!

Back