• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The blue nethie with the big ears!

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Some of you may have read the tale of the little blue nethie with the big ears. - unwanted by a breeder because his ears were too big :roll: and offered as "free to a good home". Not that it was checked whether my home was a "good" one, but anyway, he is currently residing at Chez Anderson. He struggled like mad when the bloke picked him up and put him in my carrier, but he was absolutely good as gold when I took him out at this end - do they know that someone is trying to help them?

I dropped into the vets on my way home from picking him up and got his myxi jab done (despite being on a fishery in the middle of nowhere, he wasn't vaccinated - she must be very lucky!!), the vet gave him a good look over and says he looks in pretty good health so I will book him in to be neutered soon too. The only thing was his claws were about an inch long, the poor lad had been living in a hutch about 3ft long and that was it. He is just so excited to have a hutch and run here (admittedly not a very good one at the moment, but better than he was in!) he is hopping around all over the place and investigating the chewed cardboard tunnel donated to him by Harry & Heather :lol:

I got home from my little journey (was hoping to sneak him through and see how long it was before hubby noticed!) to be met at the front door by hubby and the conversation was as follows

"I had a funny feeling that you were going to come back with a rabbit".

"Errr, he might not be staying though."

"Riiiiight. Who does he belong to, then?"

"Me at the moment :oops: "

"So he is staying then"

"*Cough* Possibly :D "

"Well in that case you can make me a cup of tea".

I'll take that as a reluctant acceptance that there may be a new addition to the household :lol: Only thing is though, he needs a new name. At the moment he's called Freddie, but he doesn't look like a Freddie to me. I thought maybe he looks like a Trevor, or possibly a Sid, or maybe Dudley (after the owner of my vet's practice). Any suggestions?

Anyhoo, here's a pic of the little man - just the one, he's had a big adventure today:
101_0506.jpg

and just for posterity, another couple of the existing residents
:lol: :
HPIM0413.jpg

101_0498.jpg

What a lucky bun to have a new home with you. He is lovely. I like the name Dudley as he looks so cuddly :love: or if you wanted to continue with the H's Herbie is cute.

Hey there,
It feels sooooooo good to see that picture. I can't believe how gorgeous he is. Well done Alison, a huge pat on the back and thank you. I just wish I could have come with you and not been stuck in work feeling frustrated. As soon as I heard about him, I kind of fell in love with him. I love nethies, they are the best!!! Hope your hubby falls for him too. Maybe I'll settle for being his Auntie and Mia and Mea can be his girlfriends and admirers from a far. He is so so so so gorgeous!! I'm feeling left out with no buns of my own yet. But it is hutch day tomorrow and Mia and Mea day on Saturday, so I shall bore you next week with pic's and stories.
Nicola x

He's absolutely gorgeous - I adore him :D He would suit the name Dudley but I also think he looks rather like a Neddy 8) :D Oh what a lovely boy :D

The general consensus from my other non-bunny forum is Dudley. I wonder if my vet would be strangely flattered or slightly scared :shock:

beckiboo186 said:
cazza269 said:
isnt he gorg!! how about a name for blue in a diff language...bare with me I am sure I know one :lol:

I think Blue suits him, and a gorgeous name for a gorgeous bunster!

glad someone else said it i think blue is perfect! glad you got him and i am glad i put his ad on now as he as found a lovely home with you!

eve x

Back