• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I left him out in the rain!

Joo & Phoebo

Young Bun
I'm such a bad bunny mum!
Phoebo was playing in the house a few days ago as it was really hard rain outside, he then decided he'd had enough and wanted to go out so I opened the door and off he went. It wasn't raining as hard but still not great and I sat there for ages puzzled as to why he'd not gone back in his hutch.
Only 15mins later did I realise his hutch door had blown shut and he couldn't get back in!!!
Poor bun - he was soaked!!!!
I towel dried him and he seemed fine - but will he be ok?
Is he likely to get a cold?

Joo x

my house bun Pepper loves sitting in the rain and my back door is open for her all the time and she has shelters outside and also a shed she can go in. She will sit in the rain and look at me as though she is saying why have you put me out here and she goes out on her own accord, she really knows how to make you feel guilty.

same here all my bunnies love to sit in the rain and they have cover over most of the run but choose to sit where they get wet when its raining hard I have to put them away in the shed other wise I think they would sit there and drown lol :lol:

Yeah I've always had bunnies who love to sit in the rain. Don't feel bad - chances are he would have sat in the rain anyway even with his hutch door open :lol:

Mine will sit in the rain getting drenched when there's a perfectly good hutch in the run so they don'thave to get wet.......that's bunnies for you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep - mine too - they shake and wash their feet as if Id had them standing in something terrible!! What a loada wimps :roll:

I reckon they do it so that when they are really soaked they can go inside, shake and make their bedding all soaking too so you have to clean them out - grrrr, mucky bunnies! :twisted:

Back