• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

tobey is having his ops now - he is home

allyandtobey

Alpha Buck
tobey is having his toothy pegs out and neutering at the moment :( i've just finished setting up his temporary run as normally he has full run of the lounge but he jumps on the settee and all over the place so i've just set up a little run so he won't over do it while he's recovering... he has a massssive cardboard box as his main little sleeping area, and attached there is a run that is about 4 or 5 feet in length, plus the 2 feet of the carboard box so thats about 7ft long in total and about 3 feet wide, i've also attached his other cage to the door in the run, so he can hop in there a bit for some more space or familiarity.is this going to be enough for him for about a week?

It's more than many rabbits get in a lifetime! I think it will be fine, he is bound to be a bit cross but I'm sure he'll forgive you. Just make sure he has lots of interesting things to sniff, chew and destroy and I'm sure he'll be fine.

Aww that'll be fine for him X Boy bunny's do recover very quickly after neutering Dash and Scooter were done yesterday and they were running around like nothing had happend last night! XX

ahhh dear, the vet rang me at about half 1 to say that it would be better to just do the neutering and clip his teeth rather than remove them, something about neutering being sterile and the teeth being removed not sterile :? anyway, i didn't hear anything until 6 o clock when i couldnt stand waiting any longer so rang them up and they said could i call back in half an hour as they were dealing with an emergency!! :shock: so then i rang back and they said i could pick him up at 8pm, finally :lol:

got him home now, he seems bright but his eyes seem funny but i guess that's the anaesthetic, he's been grooming a bit, snoozing a bit and ate some hay - that's the main thing, so i think he's going to be ok. he's a little put out about being closed off but i hope he'll get used to it in a while.

so glad he is ok :)

Strange about the neutering & teeth removal thing, my vet did it twice and never mentioned any concerns, and I know others here have had it done at the same time too.
Glad he's home and OK though

Awwwww so glad that he's home :D Hopefully, he will be bouncing around tomorrow just like his old self. Watch he doesn't chew them stitches though :shock:
Give him a snuggle from me - xxxx

he is bouncing around :D, when i went down this morning he hadn't eaten anything that id left for him (but luckily last night he ate something) and hadn't pooed or weed, so i let him out for a bit to go to where his litter trays normally are and he did the biggest wee i've ever seen :shock: has also done some poos now and has eaten his veg :D

The stitches are dissolvable ones - does this mean he can't take them out? he hasn't been paying much attention to 'down there' so hopefully he'll leave it alone, i had a look and it all looks clean and everything there, but he still looks like he has his testicles! is this just a swelling of the scrotum?

Awww glad he's ok XX His bits will just be swollen and they will probs look like that for a wee while, he would still be able to take his stiches out even if there disolvable so just keep and eye XX

Back