• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mummy

Adele

Warren Veteran
Darling Mummy, or Hilarious Hil (and Hurricane Hil on occasions :shock: :!: :lol: ) I sit here with tears streaming down my face on the 4th Anniversary of your passing. I cannot believe that much time has flown by since I last saw your beautiful smile.
You were one of the most courageous people I have ever known, literally propping the family up when you were told you had terminal throat Cancer.
At every stage as the tumour grew, and your breathing and swallowing became more difficult, you took every hurdle in your stride and even made us laugh about the hopelessness of it all.
You were such a fit 57 year old prior to this sudden illness, and dedicated your life to us girls and your job as a Senior Physiotherapist.
You loved to help other people, and you were the one everyone turned to for support and advice when things went wrong. You were so loved by your family, many friends, and everyone you encountered in your work.
Your greatest gift was to be able to put folk at their ease, and bring them out of themselves, with your gentle encouragement and wicked sense of fun.
You were known for your pranks and brought so much laughter to the darkest of days, but under all that hilarity, you had a serious side that embraced new age ideas and beliefs.
You strongly believed that their was more than just this life, and this belief helped you cope with the most horrible illness.
Watching your body waste away, and see you struggle for months was heartbreaking, but you told me not to give you pity but just be glad for you that you had known so much love in your life.
You inspired me so much, and as you were dying and we had one last special day together here with the bunnies, I promised you that I would help the animals as much as possible, just as you had helped people.
Hence Guardian Angels Sanctuary was born in your memory :)
At your funeral the church was bursting at the seams with so many people who loved you and wanted to celebrate knowing you....the place was in uproar with laughter as your coffin arrived to the Pink Panther Theme...out of the dark moment, we had to make it your service, one full of the unexpected and laughter :wink: ...Heavenly the Angora was at your coffins side in a see through carrier decorated with beautiful ribbons,the colour of the rainbow..everyone was asked to wear bright colours as you requested, and we sang joyous Hymns, including All Things Bright and Beautiful, your favourite, and the hymn that summed you up perfectly..bright and beautiful!.
I cry for you especially as each Spring arrives, your favourite time of year, but mainly I laugh when I think of you, and that is your greatest gift, the ability to have brought laughter to people even beyond the grave.
Thank you Mummy for being you, and I am so glad I knew you for 31 years.
All my love
Adele
XXX

What a wonderful tribute to your much loved mum. I lost my mum very suddenly to a brain haemorrahage in 1982. She was 52. I am her only child and right to the end it was just her and me. I still miss her every single day. Your Mum will be looking down with pride to see what you are doing for the bunnies. My buns are my life. I cant imagin ever being without them. JCO and all 32 Special Needs Bunnies xx

:cry: :cry: :cry: and :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know how very much you loved your mum Adele, I have heard so much about her, I almost feel that I know her, she certainly sounds like a wonderful person - maybe she and my dad are having a little joke there at the Bridge, eh? :wink: You must miss her dreadfully, it is so sad when someone so vibrant and kind is snatched away but she obviously has work to do in another place and that is why she had to leave us. I will light a candle tonight to celebrate your beloved mum's life, she would be so happy to see all the sanctuary bunnies and see you surrounded by all your friends on the forum here.
lots of love to you from all of us here at the Palace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dear Adele

This is a truly wonderful tribute to your lovely Mummy. 4 years is not long and the pain is still raw but you have so many happy memories
and obviously lots and lots of her has rubbed off on you...she would be and IS proud of you and what you are and are doing now.
Now we know where you get your very wicked sense of humour. Heavenly the Angora in a see through carrier decorated with ribbons...bright colours
and joyous songs...truly a celebration of Mum's life.

I know I have this on Rainbow Bridge but what could be more apt for someone who passed on her love of bunnies to you Adele

Tamverse270805resized.jpg

Love from

Adele, big hugs to you. A wonderful tribute for a wonderful-sounding lady. Your mum would be very very proud of you :)

Marlene, that is a lovely poem, am in tears!

Nicola

Sending hugs matey - Daughters have such special bonds with mums I think and its lovely that you have such special memories of your dear departed mum Adele - and no doubt such a wonderful lady full of good heart and careing ways - just like her Daughter me thinks :wink:

A loving memorial

Dear Adele,

Your mother sounds like she was indeed a very special and truly wonderful woman, and I very much believe you take after her with your incredibly thoughtful and generous soul.

Love and Hugs to you and yours always,

Sincerely,

Michelle and family

Oh Adele your mum was a very special person indeed. She left behind in you a lot that she held dear...she lives on every day in all that you do (xxxxx)

Adele your mum sounds like a fantastic person, her specialness has obviously rubbed off on her daughter :D

Its lovely to read such a heartfelt message, and I only hope that you can see your mum smiling down on you as you care for the buns every day :D

Adele, what a a lovely tribute to an amazing mum . How lucky you are to have had such a person in your life.

What a lovely tribute Adele, I've tears rolling down my face now. Two of my best friends lost their mums two years ago, and it was such a sad time for everyone and it is still difficult or them.
I'm sure your mum is smiling down on you as you care for all of your lucky bunnies.

Adele, what a glorious tribute. I am so lucky, I still have both my parents and your mother was so young, as were you. No one has been granted such a beautiful reminder of their time on earth.

lots of love to you Alice. xxx

Have just seen this and what to say also what a lovely tribute, and way to remember your mum, as sad a day as it would have been your mothers funeral sounds like a day of celebration of her life, and honouring a great lady, this is how I feel these days should be, a way to remember the good and smile through the sadness.

Your mum must be so so proud :)

thinking of you hun xxxx

Back