• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

err hem.... contents of rabbit poo......

luvabun

Warren Veteran
sorry if this is gross but I was on the phone to Obi-Wan Denny and the talk came round to rabbit poo. It ended up with me disecting poo samples from all my 3 :oops: :oops: it appears they all have tiny cream white flecks in the poo......... is this normal or could it be eggs from worms. Denny suggested I take a photo but I thought that may be a step too far..... :oops:

AlisonA said:
luvabun said:
Denny suggested I take a photo but I thought that may be a step too far..... :oops:

Aaah go on, you know you want to :wink:
the neighbour will have me committed :oops: no wonder she's selling up after only a couple of years here :oops:

bunnyhuggger said:
I wouldn't have thought it was worm eggs Jill, probly bits of fibre :D
well I'm downloading the pic :oops: so you experts can check if you feel inclined to look at a pic of disected rabbit poo). Lynda, whilst we're being gross.... although the poos from each rabbit are different coloured, they're all crumbly (but have bits of hair in them). Obi-Wan thinks its because Totti is troughing the bigger amount of pellets so Brody is forced to eat more hay, therefore hers are more golden coloured....

Here's some of the delectable Snowball's poo:

DSCF0014.jpg

Mmmmmmm, yummy! Healthy poo :D

luvabun said:
Lynda, whilst we're being gross.... although the poos from each rabbit are different coloured, they're all crumbly (but have bits of hair in them). Obi-Wan thinks its because Totti is troughing the bigger amount of pellets so Brody is forced to eat more hay, therefore hers are more golden coloured....

Yep, usually big hay eaters have golden purlies :D

cheers for that Lynda... my pic is still up/downloading but I think it looks like the flecky things may be the same as in Snowballs..... if these poor bunnies knew what we did with their most intimate details :lol: :oops:

BevBunny said:
[goes off to get a selection of bunny poo to dissect]
:lol: :lol: we thought this may happen... Obi-Wan ... we should have run a book on who would be first...... :lol: :lol: and its Bev first past the post...... :lol:

anyway.... here's my sample.. well not mine, personally

f5ded1cf.jpg

on reflection it doesn't look like Lyndas healthy sample at all :oops:

Bev... come on with yours.......

luvabun said:
sorry if this is gross but I was on the phone to Obi-Wan Denny and the talk came round to rabbit poo. It ended up with me disecting poo samples from all my 3 :oops: :oops: it appears they all have tiny cream white flecks in the poo......... is this normal or could it be eggs from worms. Denny suggested I take a photo but I thought that may be a step too far..... :oops:

cheers Jill, put the blame on me :lol: :lol: rofl :lol: :lol: well they do say that everyones poop tells a story :wink: :lol:

luvabun said:
BevBunny said:
[goes off to get a selection of bunny poo to dissect]
:lol: :lol: we thought this may happen... Obi-Wan ... we should have run a book on who would be first...... :lol: :lol: and its Bev first past the post...... :lol:

Bev... come on with yours.......

:oops: oh dear, the bunnies gave me the 'what the **** is she doing now?' look/head butt whilst I was rummaging in their litter tray!

Charlie and Lavenders look like luvabuns pic, v fibrous, but a bit more green (but they eat an awful lot of timothy hay which is v green compaired to meadow hay). Do you want pics? :shock:

Denny said:
luvabun said:

cheers Jill, put the blame on me :lol: :lol: rofl :lol: :lol: well they do say that everyones poop tells a story :wink: :lol:
Its your fault!!! You egged me on :wink: and insisted........

yes please Bev :wink: :D which timothy hay to you use if you dont mind me asking, so you get it from west willows or is it something like the oxbow timmy hay?

luvabun said:
Denny said:
luvabun said:

Its your fault!!! You egged me on :wink: and insisted........

:lol: :lol: hang on, you were the one who phoned me with with the question about c*** :lol: :lol:

BevBunny said:
:oops: oh dear, the bunnies gave me the 'what the **** is she doing now?' look/head butt whilst I was rummaging in their litter tray!

Charlie and Lavenders look like luvabuns pic, v fibrous, but a bit more green (but they eat an awful lot of timothy hay which is v green compaired to meadow hay). Do you want pics? :shock:
Of course we want pics!!!! :lol: I've got to compare it now with something other than weetabix otherwise I'll be at the Vets tomorrow with samples :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back