• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help

If you are sure it is Mxyi, please home a vet and get the baby in as soon as possible.

Their are no home cures for Mxyi :(

we cant get to a vet and dont know one that would come round. is there anything i can do to help.

What does the bunny look like and why do you think it has Mxyi :?

What are the eyes and ears like :?:

I still think you need a vet :?: try and keep the eyes clear and the nose, but other than that a vet is required, sorry

hi

If she's not vaccd for myxi then be prepared for the worst - you could get the others vaccd though and they might not get it - They would have to have been bitten by the same flea or mozzie as they can't catch it off her until it's advanced - You can ring a vet for emergency advice too - good just to talk to someone maybe?

gizmo said:
weve been trying to get hold of my sister to see if she get some vaccines tomoz

Is your sister a vet then gizmo :?: I maybe wrong but I dont think vets give vaccines for the jo public to take home to administer, the vaccine has to be given a certain way :wink:

have you been to the vets yet :?: it does sound like this little buns needs professional treatment :(

Gizmo, please forgive me for maybe sounding a little harsh, but there is more to loving your pets than just "loving" them - it involves being responsible and doing anything possible to get animals in need of treatment to a vet. It is really really important that you get this little one to a vet as soon as possible, and if it is myxi, all the others will have to go to be checked/vaccinated as well very soon.

I really hope your little bunny is ok :cry:

Could try ringing the RSPCA National Helpline - 0870 55 55 999 They could advise you of how to get emergency treatment for your bun in your area. Sounds like baby bun needs a vet sooner rather than later and IF it is Myxi getting all the others vaccinated MIGHT prevent more losses. So sorry you are having such a difficult time. Why does this sort of thing always seem to happen on a Sunday...... JCO

If you phone the vets there should be number for an emergency service. I thought all vets had to provide some sort of emergency cover, even if it was through another practice. I think treatment asap is very important here, especially in the case of getting the other buns vaccinated. Good luck.

myxi

I hope gizmo that the news is better today :) but if your baby had myxi then i fear that it is too late :( better to have him PTS than let him suffer a painful death as he will not survive nor will ABX save him :( i would contact the RSPCA & ask for help if you really cant afford vet fees :( make sure your others are vaccinated or they may suffer as well.

Back