• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Velvet is very sick- shes gone

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys

Velvet is at the Vets with suspect Muciod Enteritis (sp) poop. they are giving her fluids and anitbiotics and sending her poo away for tests.
My Life sucks and i just hope that my little Velvet gets better.

Velvet.jpg

hi

Poor Velvet - I thought it was only babies that got that though - has she been treated with panacur for worms? I think they use the sheep strength for bunnies :?

Re: hi

elve said:
Poor Velvet - I thought it was only babies that got that though - has she been treated with panacur for worms? I think they use the sheep strength for bunnies :?

She's not been treated for worms elve no. But would worms make her very listless?

hi

worms do mimic stasis and other gut problems - vets seem to think that rabbits don't catch worms - well they do! Worth a try as it can save a bunny's life if it is a severe worm infestation - and a course of panacur won't do any harm - pretty cheap too so I'd definitely try it.

phil my hunny,when does it stop for you :cry: sending big bunster hugs and wishes for velvet to make a speedy recovery.x

Re: hi

The syptoms Velvet is showing are very simelar to those that Ivy showed so the vet now thinks Ivy did not have VHD but whatever it is Velvet has. We are now supect over Agis death and wether she had whatever this is and then the flys got her her wether it was just the flystrike that killed her. 3 rabbits in three weeks two of which have simelar symptoms and one of which mysteriously goes, is somewhat suspect and i want to get to the bottom of it. If velvet doesn't make it then we will have a PM done at the vet lab instead of the vets as they can do more thouroh(sp) tests.

Oh Phil - Poor little Velvet, you must be worried sick and you just don't seem to have much luck recently gal - sending huge hugs and keeping everything crossed for your little girl :wink:

So sorry to hear about Velvet - hopefully the vet will find out the cause. Keep your chin up.

Love Jane

Back