• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of Gus and Mortimer

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well just started Rabbit rehoming and got :lol: in 2 guineas!
they are both male, about a year old and very very frightened. Have never been in a run and rarely , if ever, handled. Nails were very overgrown..I have trimmed them a bit but now leaving them to settle for the night. Will be rehoming them but they must go together.
Gus is white with fawn bits and Mortimer is white and black
gusandmortimer2.jpg

/

It's so sad how frightened these two boys are :( they haven't made a sound except for trying to frantically dig through the bottom of the cage anytime I go anywhere near them. I have given them lots of hay to hide under..but they still panic at any human approaching :cry:
hope there's someone to give these little guys a chance and lots of patience and TLC

Perhaps you could give them a shoe box to hide in? That would probably make them less scared when you approach. If you can't see them they think you dont know they are there :D

Well atleast u have givin them a chance at finding someone to give them enough TLC, and atleast u know they aren't scared of u because of u. If u know wot i mean? When I'm older and not livin with my parents i want to start up a rabbit rehome center aswell. I don't know much about pigies though.

Amy i will want these 2 to stay quite near as will keep an eye on them as they are special needs.
As for your brother.... with 2 dogs, 2 hamsters and now 2 rabbits..I think your house is full!
Update on Bramble please?! :D

ow he is great :D except he sprayed wee every where 2 days ago landing all over my top and trousers - my duvet cover and all over millies fur :lol:
he already knows how to use the litter tray and drinks like 1 whole bottle of water a day! even millie doesnt drink that much!
he has grown slightly because he doesnt stop eating his hay & straw :shock: #
he is great. im buying more food later and some more straw.
tomorow is there cleaning out day :D hopefully he wont be too much hassle as i cant just grab him with my arm :lol:
he is fab and i have no regrets :D

/

Glad you are happy with him and he is happy too! Just watch his weight as he's only a little guy. Perhaps find an alternative bedding to straw if he's eating it..as long as he's having plenty of hay he'll be fine. How about asking Mum to help you weigh him then you can do this every month and keep a chart? That way you'll know if he's getting too fat :shock: you could do Millie too!
Take care of your arm ...

hi

I don't use any bedding for my indoor bunnies - it's plenty warm enough in the house for them - they have a carpet square (99p from Wilkinsons) to lie on, next to their litter box with megazorb and hay in :D

/

Amy..Elve beat me to same advice! :D your bedroom is warm enough without lots of bedding...
A new pic of gps,,to see Gus's face!
GM.jpg

/

do you have a carpet shop near you,,,they usually have carpet samples for sale for about 50p..sometimes they'll let you having them free of charge!! :D

hi

NO WILKINSONS :eek: :shock: How do you live?!!!!!!! I wish they did a loyalty scheme - I'd be quids in :wink:

I would imagine they'd be just as happy lying on a newspaper - or on the plastic cage floor - When Benny had his cage instead of the metal floored crate, he just used to lie on the plastic floor quite comfy - rabbits don't enjoy being too warm :D

flup.jpg

Sorry for nicking your thread Jill :oops:

/

bumping this thread up in the hope Elve or louise(Doorkeeper) might just fall for the poor sad little guys! :lol:

bumping this thread up in the hope Elve or louise(Doorkeeper) might just fall for the poor sad little guys!

thats mean!! anymore and elve may have to move out to the shed and just let the animals have the house :shock: :lol:

Back