• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hutch Covers? (in need of help!)

Vicki

Alpha Buck
Hello, i have just had my rabbit hutch built for me, now i have the trouble in finding a cover to fit it! The reasurements are: 8ft long. 3ft deep two storeys high bottom storey being 2ft high, and the top storey 3 ft high! I have weather prooved it with cuprinol ducksback, but after all the rain today it still got a bit wet on the inside of the roof, so we are now going to put some felt over it! I need something for the winter though, if anyone no's of any places where they make them for the bigger hutches, could you please let me no!
Thank you
Vicki

We have a place near us called Montrose Rope and Sail, they're very keen to help us and will make all sorts of things. Do you have a similar manufacturer in your area? Try typing in Rope and Sail manufacturers in Yell.com

Edit: had a look at MR&S and they are listed under tarpaulin manufacturers, try that instead :D

something I have used in the past to stop rain going in is .....an old shower curtain..weighed down with some bricks, as long as the buns cant get at it to chew it and some air can get in to ventilate...it works well to keep rain out...if you have to buy one....Asda smartprice 98p.... :D

here a photo of my cover, I also have a side cover which pops on and I take it off when the weather is good, it protects from the wind and rain and the bun`s sit in the run even in the most terrible weather.

01c44a23.jpg

Back