• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Transport needed from Beckenham in Kent to Leicester

nic99

Warren Scout
This is for Misty, a little snuffle bun to get to her new home with me and my snuffle bun, Milo.
Angela at GBH rehoming, where Misty currently is, has offered to do the first leg of the journey. Can anybody meet her just North of London or beyond to help her on her way to Leicester?

Lyndsey, how far down were you willing to go?

please help this little girl get to her new home

Misty.jpg

(perhaps someone could move this to the rabbits in need section for me? I couldnt post in there)

Thankyou, Nicola (and Milo)xx

hope you dont mind me bumping on your thread but there is also another bunny that needs a lift to leicester, i can get it to north london as well, but he needs to get to jil (honeybunny).

so if there is anyone travellng there can they take this buns as well.

thanks eve x

If both buns can get to St Neots in Cambridgeshire next Wednesday daytime, they can possibly be transported to the midlands via my friend that evening. I am going to call him today and beg. Will get on the forum after I have called him as soon as poss!!!!
Nicola

/

I might be going down M1 as far as Rothersthorpe services (Junction 15a) on Sunday..can anyone get them to there?
this means just north of London up M1...anyone....?

I am not far from M1 and happy to be a drop off point or even do a bit of the run.
One question though - have both buns got snuffles? If not would transferring them together pass it on?

Re: /

honeybunny said:
I might be going down M1 as far as Rothersthorpe services (Junction 15a) on Sunday..can anyone get them to there?
this means just north of London up M1...anyone....?

Sorry we must have posted at the same time - I live 5 mins from Junction 15a - so if I can help with a run - please let me know.

/

good point about the snuffles being passed..Hadn't thought of that :oops: ..may have to do 1 at a time...
Julie if you are willing to get the nethie boy some way up to you..I'm actually turning off M1 at junction 15a and driving past you on way to Green Man at Syresham...so could pick him up on way back!!!

Eve how far up could you bring him? and perhaps the snuffles bun could come up on the 29th when you're meeting Lindsey???

Good point, i'd not thought of that either. Eve if there is any possibility of getting the little neddie to st neots next wed around 7pm, my friend can bring him up to me. Fingers crossed, we can get him to st neots.
Nicola x

Re: /

honeybunny said:
good point about the snuffles being passed..Hadn't thought of that :oops: ..may have to do 1 at a time...
Julie if you are willing to get the nethie boy some way up to you..I'm actually turning off M1 at junction 15a and driving past you on way to Green Man at Syresham...so could pick him up on way back!!!

Eve how far up could you bring him? and perhaps the snuffles bun could come up on the 29th when you're meeting Lindsey???

Possbily but we are driving over to Trees so i would have to drop him off or go another day to Eves :D

Would it not be ok for them to travel together if they were at opposite ends of the car? ie. One on the front seat, the other in the boot. or perhaps if misty was in a cardboard box so there were no open bits like the door of a carry case? and to be extra precautious, even put a towel over the box and keep the windows open. surely it would not be able to be passed on if the air in the car was constantly being exhanged for the air outside.

Nic99 dont worry if we cant get your little girl up in the same run, i am more than happy to go and fetch her for you

I have no idea - that was why I posed the question in the hope that someone more knowledgeable than me would know the answer.
Jill - do you mean this Sunday? - if so, that would be fine for me - if he could be brought a bit up the M1. I could pop down to say, Toddington Services and collect him. What time are you due to leave the Green Man? I could bring up there to you or meet at McDonalds on Towcester roundabout.
If it is safe for both - I would happily collect two.

right hold up because i am a bit lost!

i have yet to tell lindsey (will pm u in a mo honey) but i am now unable to go to trees shin dig, my son as asked that i take him to a hallowene party, so sorry guys!

i can pick theis bun up and either meet lindsey somewhere or take to cambridge, nic can you friend meet me in cambridge rather than st neots/

let me know what you want me to do!

eve x

Lindsey is there any way you can collect him from Eve and bring him back to leicester with you? Hope we can sort this little bun out.
Nicola

Nicola C said:
Lindsey is there any way you can collect him from Eve and bring him back to leicester with you? Hope we can sort this little bun out.
Nicola

DONT MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT THIS IS A THREE HOUR DRIVE TO ME AND THEN SHE HAS TO GO BACK AGAIN, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SOMEONE ELSE COULD HELP WITH THIS RUN!

Ok, I will perhaps see if I can take Alison up on her offer of taking him to be bun rescue in cambridge. Maybe that would be best.
Nicola

Nicola C said:
Ok, I will perhaps see if I can take Alison up on her offer of taking him to be bun rescue in cambridge. Maybe that would be best.
Nicola

ITS UP TO YOU, HOW DOES SHE KNOW THEY WILL TAKE HIM!?

/

Nicola I thought he was going to Cambridge and then your friend was bringing him over to Leicester?? I can go some way down M1 to do part of run..but not for a few days as my Mother is coming to stay with us..only decided today, and for personal reasons I need to give her a lot of time while she's at my place.

Back