• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

AH! Rabbit took bite out of rubber shoe!

did eat actually eat it or drop it?

I don't think it would be easy to digest so definitly keep an eye on him and make sure he can't bite anymore!! :wink:

I frantically looked around hoping so much to see the piece on the carpet but it wasn't, he must of eaten it. I was siting with him and he went for it so i grabed the shoe but he had just latched on so when i pulled the shoe the peice he was holding tore and he gobled it up.

The peice was about 3 quarters of an inch by about 1 eight-th for a rough size just so u know how much we are talking bout.

my little man once ate the backs of two pairs of my dads flip flops (he was not impressed) plus the rubber all round the edge of the doormat. you cant leave him alone for 5 minutes without him chewing something he shouldnt when he is in the house. Anyway, he was absolutely fine so hopefully your bunny will be fine too.

When my bunny does something like that, I always pop him back in his cage, and get him to eat a load of hay, to help push things through a bit easier.

YAY he's fine. I know that their stomachs are complicated so i didn't think that rubber would do any good at all. He is such a cutie, I care so much about him that i would rather ask a lot of questions than to lose him and wish i had. Better safe than sorry. Thanx for ur help :wink:

MY HOUSE BUN NEMO IS ALWAYS NIBBLING DOLLS FINGERS AND TOES IF THE KIDS LEAVE THEM ON THE FLOOR. HE ALSO LIKES MY LITTLE PONIES,BOOKS(ESPECIALY PAPER BACKS)AND HES QUITE FOND OF TOY BOXES FOR DESERT ! :angel:

My Dougie has bitten through two pairs of shoes - he likes the straps; nibbled on our Birkenstocks; chomped through the loop on my belt - whilst I've been wearing it; my iPod headphones; the speaker wires; the internet connection; he loves those Adidas trainers with the nobbly soles; and once he pulled the kickboard off one of the kitchen cupboards and we found him sitting inside staring out quite happily... :)

Bunster said:
My Dougie has bitten through two pairs of shoes - he likes the straps; nibbled on our Birkenstocks; chomped through the loop on my belt - whilst I've been wearing it; my iPod headphones; the speaker wires; the internet connection; he loves those Adidas trainers with the nobbly soles; and once he pulled the kickboard off one of the kitchen cupboards and we found him sitting inside staring out quite happily... :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :eek:

Some of the things on the list sounded like they might of quite expensive to replace...iPod headphones...kick board...addidas trainers...speaker wires...internet connection. This has turned out to be a very intersting topic.

Had u not taken a shower for a few days and were covered in a soft rubber by any chance?

Don't let her get the taste of blood, she might like it and become a vampire rabbit.

Back