• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think he's overweight?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Smokey
000_1728.jpg

000_1731.jpg

000_1733.jpg

'Scuse the mess, I hadn't swept up yet :oops:

Gem x

I can't remember exactly, will weigh him again as soon as the rain stops, but I know he's just under the upper weight limit for a Dwarf Lop :oops:

I was watching him last night and compared to my other Lops he's huuge!

I don't know why though, he's out 24/7, gets a tablespoon of pellets a day and unlimited Hay

He has the thickest fur I've ever felt

We thought charlie was well overweight, then when he went to the vets, he said he was a skinny little thing!!! :shock: :lol:

It's difficult to tell without giving him a poke to see what is fur and what is bunny :) The vet should be able to tell you though and weighing him once every couple of weeks will let you check whether he's going up/down.

Tam

Tamsin said:
It's difficult to tell without giving him a poke to see what is fur and what is bunny :)

Tam

:shock: :lol: :lol:
My Bobby's a fluff monster! He looks quite chunky, but you lose your hands in his fur!

OMG :shock: Even if he is "a little plump".............. he is GORGEOUS!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Awww, i just love the way he is sitting :lol: :lol: The vet once told me, as long as you can feel his ribs, then his weight should be ok! :D

I think the feeling the ribs, is mainly for cats and dogs. If you have ever had a rabbit that is really overweight you often can still feel their ribs. My frenchie Martha has always been really overweight and always seems to be on a diet but you can feel her ribs really easily. Shes just got an enormous belly :oops:

cashmincal said:
The max weight for Dwarf Lops is 5 4 oz, so if he is around that he is fine IMHO.

Clare

:shock: So you mean Harry, who is over twice the size of Heather (she weighs 5lb) isn't a dwarf lop as I thought...what would he be then?

Back