• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for two buns

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I am hopefully getting another bun as soon as Alfie has got over his snuffles and need to get a hutch for the both of them...

Can anyone recommend any that can be delivered?? i alread have a run with a hutch in it so i just need a hutch for sleeping in and sometimes in all day if the weather is particularly bad.

I have seen the 5ft double one on this website (without the run)

http://www.hop-and-hutch.co.uk/erol.html

would like something cheaper but if not may go for this one?

thanks all

hi

I think with the run it would be - they are only 18" deep so less floor area than a 4x2 hutch per tier - 4x2 being the recommended minimum area for a single bunny - I guess it would be OK if they weren't very big rabbits - What I don't like about 18" deep hutches is there is less depth for them to shelter from the weather too - I would always go for 2' deep.

I think this one is good for 2 bunnies, the 6x2 version - but £150
http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=44&categoryID=6

Really you can't beat a 4x5 children's playhouse for a pair of bunnies as it has the height so they can stretch up, jump on a box, etc.

wow i forgot about this site!!! thanks Elve for reminding me about it!!!

I have to replace Sugars double hutch as her and Amber have chewed most of the steps and the Bedroom wall :roll: plus they had out grown theirs a bit

i did wonder about the depth of it to be honest....my single bun has 4 foot by two foot now, i love the depth of it.

I suppose £150 isn't that much more......

would love a playhouse shed but not boyfriend will not allow!

How about the 5 foot by 2 foot Elve? I can't quite afford the £150 - have spent alot on Alfie already and still need to pay to get him neatured!

Thanks

hi

A 2x5 double decker hutch would have the same floor area as a 4x5 playhouse - plus a ladder to skip up and down - Rydale hutches aren't flat packed http://www.rehutches.com/hutches04.htm
But you pay extra for them making it, and you have a bit of a headache when they deliver it if you change your mind over where you want it to go.

Flat packed is a bit of a pain but all you need is a screwdriver and hammer usually - not difficult tools to use at all - You can tell I'm a 43yr old divorcee can't you? - I built a 4x6 shed last week on my own - a lot of blood sweat, tears and swearing, but I'm proud of it - you can do it!! :D

hmmmm will do some more research and save i think - won't be getting another bun for a couple of months atleast!

Thanks Elve & well done you for building the shed..would love that!

hi i see your dilema with hutches you don't wanna spend a lot but you want something with space,well i brought a kids wooden wendy house from focus do it all, it was all compact and fitted on the roof of my car...could'nt quite squeeze it in as i only have a corsa!they do deliver as well,it was only 89.99!!!a complete bargain made out of quality wood, excellent roof etc etc,far better than a hutch!also my partner put a sheet of wood in the middle and attached a ramp so they now have an upstairs downstairs,its great for those wet winter days the have enough room for their toys and enough room to play and hare around!!it looks nice aswell

haven't got enough room for a playhouse unfortunately as we already getting another shed for gardening stuff!

where can i get second hand hutches from - does anyone know??

thanks

i got a few from local freeads paper and other local papers if you type in freeads to search engine there displayed and you can then narrow down to area and the amount of miles you are willing to travel,i brought all my bunster runs from freeads!!!gud luck :)

hi

If that's the wendy house I'm thinking of from Focus, I'm getting one for Benny as it looks great - It's only 4' square and about 4' high - barely any more room than a big hutch would take up, if you allow for the doors opening - and you can paint it a cute colour too! Great idea about a 2nd floor in it too :D

must be the one,i've got three and they are well just great,my buns love em especially the xtra floor!and yes painting mine at mo...two tones!

That sounds like a good bunny house, just looked at Focus website and couldn't find it. Don't suppose anyone could see if they could find it and do one of those link things on here so I can see it as I don't live near a Focus and I'm a bit of a computer novice! Maybe its just not on the website or I'm looking in the wrong place!

You can get a 6' x 4' shed for £85 if you have the space, cheaper than a hutch!!! Though i must admit I'd struggle to build it myself!!! I enlisted my dad to help with mine!!!

Back