• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebony Piggy

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Bad news. I thought Ebony was getting back on the road to recovery. She was slowly eating veg, and was digging in to the piggy mix. But tonight we helped her cross the bridge.

Then this morning when i checked on her she looked really unhappy. So we booked a vet appointment. The only time we could get was at 7.30pm.

Only last night me and mum were speaking about Ebony being unwell, and how she might have internal problems. We didn't know how old she was so she could have have a number of problems.

Well, throughout today, we noticed she had been drinking a lot of water. I knew then it was her kidneys.

We went to the vet, we saw our normal vet, Mark. Hes a great vet. He has two piggies of his own (one of which has an abcess on his face, and is recovering from treatment). Well, anyways...my prediction was right. Ebony was not normally a noisy piggy but as soon as Mark touched the area of her kidneys she "wheeked". She was not a happy girly!!

Mark, basically said that kidney failure is not noticed until 75% of the kidney tissues are distroyed. And Kidney tissue can not be rebuilt. There is no cure. We felt it best that we helped her on her way, before she got any worse. Piggies are just too good at hiding what is wrong. And with Ebonys teeth breaking we just thought that she lost weight because she wasn't eating.

Gracie and animals x

Popcorn free Ebony.
We love you,
We miss you,
We will never forget you!!

P7180092.jpg

Awwww beautiful piggie,

Popcorn free little Ebony, I'm sure my lil' Twix will loook after you

Take care of yourself Gracie big hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to hear that Ebony has passed over to the Bridge - she is so stunningly beautiful and I know how very sad you and your family must be feeling just now.

However when I close my eyes I can picture all the beautiful bunnies and piggies hopping and playing happily on the lush meadows that are Rainbow Bridge - they are free from pain and are happy - playing away the days till we meet them again.

Big cuddles

lol PAm

What an absolutely beautiful little girly, stunning. Wheek free at the Bridge little one with no more pain. :cry:

Thank you everyone.

I want to send BIG thank you to Becki. She was great last week, especcially last night. Thanks Becki. :D

Gracie and animals x

Ebony is such a beautiful wee baby and she will be thanking her Mummy right now to let her be free amongst all our babies. It is a great act of kindness to let our babies go and be pain free at Rainbow Bridge

sparkling.gif

Thinking of you

Its so hard to loose a baby. It never gets easy.

I have cried too much over the last few months. And have yet to shed a tear for Ebony. I know shes better off now. Shes got her boyfriends Boogie and Woogie, Twiggy and Patches and dear old Jimmy to popcorn with.

I'll always miss Ebony (and all those past before her), but i'll never forget her.

Gracie and animals x

JIMGRACIE said:
Thank you everyone.

I want to send BIG thank you to Becki. She was great last week, especcially last night. Thanks Becki. :D

Gracie and animals x

Gracie, It was no problem. Thanks so much for my little message, and you know im always only a phone call away. Becki xx

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about little Ebony - what a stunner of a piggie too, I had to make the hard decision regarding one of my piggies recently but I know deep down in my heart that I did the right thing for her as I hope you do too.

Sending a hug.

Popcorn Free beautiful Piggie.

Back