• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Banana causes argument

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
This morning, I gave Sylvia a little piece of banana for breakfast, which she loves and is a special treat. She took it off to eat under the table. Normally she gobbles it up so quickly that Oli doesn’t even realise I’ve put any in their tray. But this morning, Oli noticed and went over to try and steal a bit. I think he got a little taste but Sylvia was pretty quick to eat it all up.

I’m not sure what happened, whether Oli finished off the last piece or whatever, but suddenly the banana was gone and Sylvia starts chasing Oli round the living room, grunting at him loudly and repeatedly. Oli was quick to avoid her, but the chasing and grunting went on for some time. Who would have thought that such a tiny piece of banana would cause such a commotion?

Last night they were lying under the table together like star-crossed lovers. This morning they are arguing over a piece of banana. It’s obvious this bunny is serious about her food. In her defence, she is normally very tolerant with Oli when he comes over and steals her spring greens – literally from right under her nose. Obviously stealing the banana went a step too far for Little Miss Sylvia!

:lol: i have the same prob when bailey and gizzy fight over the same bit of carrot or broccoli . Its a tug o war !!
Yesterday bailey was munching a bit pear , gizzy came over to see what was yummy to eat and he saw the other bit pear sitting - before gizzy got to it bailey dropped his half eaten bit and went for the big untouched piece , leaving gizzy with the dregs of the one he WAS eating . :lol: :roll:

Harry and Marmalade are like that with their Broccoli, they get very defensive over it.

Patch and Buster will quite happily munch on the same piece of carrot or spinach.

Treacle picks hers up and takes it to the litter tray away from Rupert, although he does sit tight up in a corner away from her, especially if its the last piece of broccoli.

And poor old Pepper has no-one to share his food bowl with just yet :( :(

Think all pairs respond in different ways dependant on what is their favourite.

Mine are the same. Usually one will steal from the other and I have to poke the "spare"bit under their noses to try and stop this happening.

Or the other behaviour is that they grab hold of it and run off into a corner. :lol: :lol:

Mine fight over carrot tops and corriander! Now fudge grabs a big leaf or bunch of veggies and hops off! :roll: :lol:

Back