• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

another op for bailey??

gina paul

Mama Doe
Took the monsters (aka bailey and gismo) for their check up tonight after being neutered and the vet has noticed that bailey has what looks like a skin tag where the stitches are around his testicle area (or what was his testicle area :oops: ) The vet wants to see him next monday again to see if it will disappear or if it will need removed !! Bailey had a go at his stitches whilst in the vets and pulled at one , it appears that this has pulled the skin and caused a tag . I really don,t want bailey going through another op and i,m tempted just to tell the vet that we will leave it alone . I,ll take him back next monday though and take it from there . The wound has healed but there is a teardrop size of skin just kinda hanging there . Its not infected or anything like that . Any advice would be appreciated . :?
The vet said that they would need to knock him out again :shock:

I cant understand what harm this skin tag would cause? seems weird to me, its not like he is going to trip over it :roll:

I will be interested to see the reasons from more professional bunny folks

http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm

This is about skin tags in humans, but I imagine it's quite similar to what Bailey has?
From the looks of it, there area few methods they could try, though unless it gets irritated it shouldn't matter.
Perhaps the vet is worried about it getting dragged along the floor? But when Bailey's fur grows back I don't think it would bother him at all.

its thrown me cazza :? , the vet who seen them last night is the bunny mesiah at my vets , maybe it will turn into a wart on something if left :shock: , I should have asked him but I was too shocked :shock:

Karly said:
http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm

This is about skin tags in humans, but I imagine it's quite similar to what Bailey has?
From the looks of it, there area few methods they could try, though unless it gets irritated it shouldn't matter.
Perhaps the vet is worried about it getting dragged along the floor? But when Bailey's fur grows back I don't think it would bother him at all.

Thats what I thought - maybe they are concerned about it being dragged but its not big enough for that :shock:
Thanks for the link - i,ll take a look . x

Well it says on that site that it's a benign growth, perhaps the vet is worried it will turn into something a bit more sinister in time if left?

Karly said:
Well it says on that site that it's a benign growth, perhaps the vet is worried it will turn into something a bit more sinister in time if left?

possibly :? , i,ll take him up next monday night and see what the vet says .

Back