• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sprit Buns

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
This is a tribute to all the buns i have lost this year i don't have pictures with me of all of them so i will add them later XX

It all started on the 27th March 2005 (easter Sunday) My Thumper hadn't been well and my vet (whom i trusted) had put Thumpoer through an operation he wasn't strong enough to have. He passed away in the afternoon i was so very upset and i had only found the forum a week earlier because he was going to have his front teeth out. Thumper was my baby he was a dwarf Lop and he loved his mummy, he was such a character and he was Lavenders first boyfriend, she has never been the same since he died.

I recovered form Thumpers loss and all was fien until June we lost 10 of the buns in total the first to leave us was Meg, my little sweetheart and holy terror, then we lost Holly and Toffee the next day and thats when the VHD was suspected no more buns died on the thursday or the friday and by saturday morning we thought we were clear but at 11am Gus went shortly followed by Poppet i was devistated and at that piont only the support of you lot kept me going i hadn't slept for days and my tiredness was only getting worse. On Sunday evening Duff went ot the bridge, our little duff my mums bunny he was adorable and so loving his partner spot went shortly after, and with spot being mum to the baby's this left them alone X on the tuesday Patch left i again was devistated as we had not had him long but he was my baby he was so affectionate and loving and use to sleep on my bed with me. I stayed at home on the wednesday and April and George left us that afternoon this was the last of the deaths caused by the VHD. I was gutted and so were some of the bunny's Rex had developed a hige depression and was barley eating.

We recovered and we got some new bunny's then Lilly got sick with pasturella and in the middle of an operation to flush out her eye she died leaving poor Agi on her own.

We then had the terrible news about Baillie and his cancer for which he had his operation and should live happily for whatever time he has left.

We paired Agi up with Pan and she jioned her family they were happy! Pan had never had a friend all of her own who she liked but she loved Agi.
Then 2 weeks ago Agi left us after getting flystrike, this was a huge shock to me.

Then just on saturday Ivy died from VHD after probably contracting it back in June. And a week later Velvet went XX

I miss each and evryone of my buns and i love them all dearly XXXXX

This is my old signature which emma made me from left to righ the buns are;

Duff, Holly, Lavender, Poppet, Toffee, Hester, Lilly, Rex and Meg, Plum and Wilbur, Velvet, Rex and Lilly, rex and Wilbur, Patch, Spot and finally Wilbur.

phillsiggyxx.gif

So this stands as amemorial to all my lost bunnys XX

I love you all XX

RIP, Thumper, Meg, Holly, Toffee, Gus, Poppet, Duff, Spot, Patch, April, George, Lilly, Agi and Ivy and Velvet XXXXX

aww hun that brought a tear to my eye :cry:

guess what i just realised omg how weird - I didnt know you had a Poppet bun - and he even looks like my Poppet so he lives on in my back garden hun :wink:

sendinh hugs your way honey, let hope for a better year in 2006!

binky free buns and take care of each other!

i just counted how many buns you've lost and it's thirteen, hopefully that will mean no more. i'm not really superstitious but at times like this i am. i really hope the rest of the year will be better for you. i struggled losing three in five months (all very special bunnies) so i don't know how you've coped. fingers crossed for no more sad news

Phill, my heart just breaks for you. This has been terrible for you and I only hope that knowing you can come here and open your heart to us has helped and the care and support you get can ease some of the pain. I cannot imagine how you must feel ... I am choked an have a huge lump in my throat right now. Take care my dear

kisshug.gif

phil i feel so sad for you and the buns youve lost. i lost 2 buns last year one after a dental op and the one before to a blokage, prob a tumor . (by the time we found out what it might be she was too weak for an op)
losing 2 buns in a short time was bad but i cant begin to know how you must feel losing so many

im now living in fear of losing my old man thumper . he seems so old and frail but at least hes had a good long life.

loads of love Angie x

Thank you all, Marlene it does help alot knowing that i can come here and talk to everyone xX It is a great source of comfort XXX

My favourite saying Phill

Friendship doubles our joys

and

Divides our sorrows

and as we are all here for you as you are for us...your sorrow is divided by heaps and heaps

cid_005c01c5c4fbc5be0fd0dd917ad5lou.gif

Love from

Marlene, you always say the most beautiful things.

Phill, it's been a terrible year for you, let's hope next year is better. All of your bunnies have a fantastic life. Sending hugs.

iv lost a lot of buns this yr. first of all daisy had an unexpected litter of 4 and because i didnt know she was pregnant i didnt give her extra food also she is 5, only 1 baby survived. holly also had an accedental litter of 6 which i had to hand rear. none of them survived. dawn had 2 litters (one with 2 babies and the other with 4) and none of them survived and of couse my darling dawn her self died the other week :cry:
(i must sound like a right bad owner)

Phill...i hope all is better next year for you and all those who have had a difficult time this year. We are here when you need us...

That was a lovely tribute to your bunnys Phill, you lost so many in such a short space of time, I can only imagine how heartbreaking that must have been for you.
They will all always be remembered and they all had a wonderful life with you as there bunny mummy.xx

Thats a lovely tribute Phil and we all know how you feel - our spirit bunnies never leave us but when there no longer there to have a cuddle with and up to their funny little antics you just miss them so.

Sending you hugs gal - lets hope for a better 2006 eh matey :wink:

aww Phil, it breaks my heart to read that :( heres to things improving from no on though, love to you and the buns xxxxx

All your buns have had the best love, home and mummy they could have had. I can only Speak of Agi as you took her into your heart and gave her the best home ever after the very bad start she had. Agi had spent her days not seeing daylight and before being six months old had already bore a litter. When she came to me that was the first sight of daylight she had seen and then you adopted and gave her a best friend and also the perfect home. Agi as gone to the brdge knowing she was loved and so have all your others.
love
Kayxx

Back