• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In memory of all my babies

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
This is for all of your precious angels that had to leave me and the others.

There is not a day gone by when I don't think of each and everyone of you, you were all special in your own little way.

Percy, my first bunny when I was just 6, sadly you lost your life to flystrike the second time. You were a beautiful bun with a colourful character who loved her carrots tops. :cry:

Smudge, you were our first house rabbit, much missed by me and my mum who held you during your final moments. You were happiest laying by the fire with Felicity your darling girlfriend.
There was no warning you were going to leave us and mum found you struggling for breath in the garden, she brought you inside and you slipped away cradled in her arms. :cry:
I cherish the photo of the two of you laying together by the fireplace. :)

Felicity, you were brought home to be a companion to Smudge and the pair of you hit it off instantly. Ten minutes before I'd arrive home from School you'd make your way to the inside door and wait until I came home, sometimes you'd overslept and weren't waiting for me when I came in, but the minute I opened that inside door you came hurtling towards me for your kiss.
I remember the day you got sick and we had to let you go during your operation, I was at school and didn't get to say goodbye. :cry:

Shadow, I still don't know what happened to you but I pray you're safe and well and being looked after, if not I know you're safe over the bridge binkying around amongst the long grass. :cry:

Clover, I saved you from the cold winter and being fed a diet of apple cores, sadly you only had two weeks left, but you were happy, you were much loved and you had a warm and safe bed.
We think you ate something you shouldn't of have, you were found just after you'd crossed the bridge and again I didn't get to say goodbye :cry:

Diamond & Treasure, you little guys were just five days old when you sadly passed over, I found you along with little Lucky when I returned from work that fateful Saturday, sadly we couldn't save you, you were called to be angels at the bridge. :cry:

Honeysuckle, you were such a character, always escaping, twice you were brought back back but the second time you managed to disappear and we couldn't find you, I just pray that you found a safe home or passed over the bridge safely and peacefully. :cry:

Runty, dear little Runty, we never really knew you, as you died a few days after birth, you were the smallest and I now know that the Coccidiosis claimed you. I know you would have turned out to be a beautiful black and orange Harlequin just like your mum. :cry:

Blackie, sweet Blackie so named because of your one black ear. You died the day I found out Honeysuckle was never coming back.
I found you crunched up in the corner of your hutch with Bandit sitting nearby.
I now know that you were the early warning sign for the nasty Coccidiosis.
If I'd known then what I know now, I'm certain I'd have been able to save you. :cry: Run free my little Angel and I'm sooo sorry baby

Snowflake, my soulmate in bunny form :cry: the pain of losing you is still so raw, especially as I don't know whether you're still around.
You were so cheeky despite the fact you struggled with your sight, Harley adored you and you loved her and Lucky.
I know, yoou're watching over me and I know it was you that decided Peaches was wanted as an angel. I love you my little man.

Peaches, Baby Boy, I made that decision and I've never forgiven myself for it. I knew you weren't strong enough for that operation and I still put you through it, you didn't survive and I'm heartbroken. :cry: It seems you had a weakened heart stemming from the coccidiosis, somehow in my consious I knew you weren't well, but my logic was that it was in your best interests to be neutered, I know now that your heart could have given up at any time, you could have been running around the garden and then you'd be gone. You fell asleep knowing I loved you, I'd told you so just an hour before you crossed over. :cry: :cry:

Little Nipper

19th June 2005 - 22nd June 2005

You were born on Sunday, although I only found you that morning.

Cold and hungry, you were the runt of the litter, or so I thought. I warmed you up that morning and returned you to the nest, I thought about you all day while I was at work.

Home time couldn’t come fast enough as I rushed back to check on you, you were still hanging on although it was clear you hadn’t been fed. I took you inside and warmed you through, feeding took a lot of practice and patience, you sneezed and milk came out of your nose. I wiped you down and we tried again this time, you drank, you were ravenous.

You soon filled out and your little tummy was full, you fell asleep warm, full and contented.

I wasn’t expecting you to survive the first feeding but you held on, your little tongue was so swollen and bloody where you had been chewing on it. :cry:

Skin and bones, I could see your ribs and most of your veins, your skin wasn’t quite developed properly, in places you had a light down and other it was bare skin. I wish I had taken a photo. Around three hours later I could see the improvement, the swelling on your tongue had gone down and you were drinking with gusto. Your fur had spread to your whole body, and you were looking happy.

But it wasn’t to be, I was feeding one of your litter mates when I noticed you were having trouble breathing. Picking you up, I cuddled you to me, I could see you were struggling. It took only a few minutes but you fought bravely, suddenly you sighed and then you were gone. :cry:

Flying high up into the sky, over the bridge taking my love to my spirit buns.

You are binkying free, now with a body that is full and contented.

I love you little one, you’re free now, look down on BunnyWorld and keep us safe.

Mummy Bunny xxxxxxx

Tiny, you weren't meant to be either, you died surrounded by your litter mates, knowing you were loved. Sadly I don't have a photo of you either :cry:

Little Nikita

19th June 2005 - 26th June 2005

You struggled and fought for your life, but it wasn’t to be.

Sadly the struggle was too great and the pain enveloped you, you were strong and did well to fight for a week. :cry:

I tried my hardest to keep you alive and you seemed to sense it as well, drinking from the bottle when you were hungry.

Still it wasn’t to be and I said my goodbyes a few minutes earlier, you laid still before scrunching up your little face. :cry:

You slipped away peacefully cradled by Auntie George.

You knew how much I loved you and you will never be forgotten.

Run free over the bridge with a beautiful thick glossy blue coat and a happy healthy body; enjoy the sunshine and one day I will be back with you.

Sleep well little one, forever in my heart, take my love to the spirit buns.

I love you little lady

Mummy Bunny xxxxxxx

Smudge and Felicity
FlickandSmudge.jpg

Smudge
Smudge.jpg

Clover
clover.jpg

Honeysuckle
honey1.jpg

Shadow
shadow.jpg

Snowflake
snowy.jpg

Little Nikita just before she died, this is an upsetting photo

000_0688.jpg

aw so many darlings and so many losses . I,ve lost many treasured babies over the years , from bunnies to dogs , to hamsters , to budgies , even fish . Each one is upsetting and its true what you say - you never stop missing them :(

What a very moving tribute to all your babies and especially to the teeny ones you tried so very hard with. All in your heart and lots of memories for you.

myhtsolidhearts.gif

Dear Gem, so sorry to hear of all your beautiful babies who have passed on to Rainbow Bridge. :(
You have written a wonderful tribute to them, and they were very fortunate to know you and experience your tender loving care.
Lots of love and hugs
XX

Back