• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dominant Buck

ladystardust

Alpha Buck
I've been keeping two rabbits seperate for a while now (2 months or so).
One is a neutered male and the other is a female.
The male is being really domineering .. not fighting .. but mounting her and making sure she knows who boss is.
She is a quiet little timid thing.
She cowers in the corner and then he stops. When she moves he chases her round and around the rabbit run.

Is there anyway of stopping this or do I just have to continue keeping them apart and trying this situation again and again?

I know if I housed them together the way it is at the moment it would be unfair towards her and she wouldn't have the ability to graze or drink :roll:

hi

you need to post this in the rabbit care section really - lots of bonding questions there from other people too as we all have the same problems - It sounds to me like your 2 are well matched and you should leave them together in a neutral place - somewhere your buck has never been like your bathroom or kitchen maybe? If the doe is happy to be submissive then all will be well - it's if she was dominant too that you would have a problem :)

Back