• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bit to help the animals

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Just to let you know...
The European Parliament is soon to vote on proposals which could mean that millions of animals will die in Europe’s largest ever mass animal testing programme. The tests that dogs and rabbits, as well as rodents and fish, will be subjected to include having powerful chemicals applied to their skins, dripped in their eyes and fed to them in huge and toxic doses.

The new proposal, known as REACH, is intended to assess the safety of tens of thousands of chemicals, including those present in everyday objects such as paint and floor cleaners. Whilst it is crucial that such safety tests are carried out, there are many effective, modern and humane ways of assessing the safety of these chemicals, instead of the old-fashioned, irrelevant and inhumane use of animals, which tells us only about animals rather than humans.

You can sign the petition online
by going to www.buav.org and clicking on the Sign Our Petitions button at the foot of the Homepage.

ALTERNATIVELY...

Download a copy of the petition and obtain as many signatures as you can. To coincide with the key work to be done by the government, all petitions must be returned by November 7th so it is vital that the BUAV get as many signatures as possible in this short time frame.

To download a copy of the petition to the UK Government, simply follow instructions on the site.

The site also tells you other ways in which you can help.

Please forward this to all your friends and be a voice for those who can't speak for themselves.

Thanks

Michelle (Rabswood)

Signed both of them. On the subject of household cleaners have you tried the Astonish range ? I heard about it through Naturewatch and was keeping an eye out for it. You seem to get it in Spar shops etc - everything Ive tried is really good and obviously not tested on animals. Everything from stainless-steel cleaner to floor cleaner and back again. Handy if youre not able to get to Tesco's or the Co-Op

Tahra said:
Signed both of them. On the subject of household cleaners have you tried the Astonish range ? I heard about it through Naturewatch and was keeping an eye out for it. You seem to get it in Spar shops etc - everything Ive tried is really good and obviously not tested on animals. Everything from stainless-steel cleaner to floor cleaner and back again. Handy if youre not able to get to Tesco's or the Co-Op

You can also pick up a lot of the Astonish stuff from the £1 shops.
I know the Co-op cleaning/washing products are cruelty free as its in the little book of Cruelty Free produced by NAVS (National Anti-Vivisection Society) don't know about Tesco's?

Rabswood

All of ( well all the ones I use ) from Tesco's are ok - theyre endorsment from Naturewatch was taken away as a lot of their beauty products had changed - they must have changed a supplier and you know how strict they are. Original Source isnt endorsed even though the Vegan society say its okay, guess theyre parent company isnt so nice.

Oh my...I've signed. The treatment of animals for vivisection, it makes me physically ill. It's disgusting that the government allow such apalling, apalling cruelty to be legal, or that anyone is capable of hurting a defenseless creature, in the name of scientific research or otherwise. It makes me so angry.

Back