• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ivy Has VHD- shes gone

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
My little girl has VHD. Hazel thinks she has probably had it since the others died but the vaccine has held it at bay until now. She is at the vets now and they are going to get antibiotics and fluids in to her but she may not make it through the night.

i need all healing vibes for her and the others as although Hazel thinks it unlikely they will also have it but it is possible.

IvyCute.jpg

aawww Phill im so sorry to hear that Ivy is unwell.. I hope that all the other bunnies will escape the illness and Ivy is back home well soon. Will keep my fingers crossed for you

Thankls guys! i just can't beleive it! There all vaccinated! i really can't go through what i did last time

They all are gina each and every one Hazel think she has had it since the others died and her vaccine just held it off

awwwwww poor you and poor bunny. big hugs to you
what are the symptoms of VHD and can it kill rabbits very quickly.
i had 3 baby rabbits quite a few yrs ago and they just suddenly died,they were fine one day and dead the next
hope your bun makes it lots of healing vibes

Phill said:
They all are gina each and every one Hazel think she has had it since the others died and her vaccine just held it off

hopefully that means she has a chance to fight it as her body would have created antibodies to it ? Oh phill , i,m just totally devastated for you . I so hope she makes it :(

The likely hood of her having antibodies is slim but she may Hazel thinks thats why it has broken through she just doesn't have enough antibodies to fight it anymore. But my fingers are crossed X

I'm so sorry to hear this you've had a really tough time with all your pets recently.Life's not fair sometimes :( If best wishes and love can do anything to help then I'm sending loads to you.

Back