• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear Brave Oliver, our little soldier

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Tonight at just gone 9pm you left for the Rainbow Bridge :cry: :cry: :cry: Our hearts have been torn apart as you where such a special boy and one of mummy's bedroom buns. It has been confirmed that you had a tumour on your brain :cry: :cry: :cry: We are all devestated here to think that all you had gone through in your life and yet it had to end with such a terrible thing :cry: :cry:
We had a phone call about you 2 1/2 years ago - could we take a bun in for a short while who needed an amputation and then the person would take you back. We fell in love with you at first sight and we thank God that we kept you and had you with us in our family.
We where told that you where 7 months old and that you had an old break that had healed and two other breaks all in the front leg - we where told you had no name :( We called you Oliver and our hearts went out to you as soon as we saw you as you where such a frightened little bun and also didn't know how to act as a bunny :cry: :cry: :cry: How could we not love you? The most gorgeous black helicopter eared bun who needed not only an amputation but love and care to help you through your life.
You came through your amputation so well and had been castrated at the same time - we let you heal outside and then started to see if we could help heal you on the inside. We just wanted to see you happy and being a bun - we didn't want you cowering and sitting so lost in a corner :(
You bonded with Emma and she brought you out of your shell so well - then you lost her and retreated back again :( We then bonded you with Pebby and then Jacob and Bandit - then along came Barley-Bun and Peter and Billy - then Muffin who you loved dearly. So many friends you had my darling and they all loved you as much as you loved them - you helped them through bad times and they helped you to.
You had been here a year when we finally found out the truth about you - you had been in a rescue and been taken from there - you where aged over 18 months at the time and you had a name - you where called Stumpy - we spoke to the lady at the rescue and she confirmed all this then we also found out from the lady who had originally rescued you along with lots of others, that you where an outgoing and lively bun. We dread to think what happened to you our sweetheart between leaving the rescue and arriving here.
You where even on the website - although that rescue has closed down now the lady who originally rescued you can comfirm that you had only one break whilst there.
For over two years I have had to bathe your eyes and nose daily - you had a fungal infection that nothing could treat, we tried so many things but it wouldn't clear up. You used to lay in my arms and let me do your eyes and nose and then fall asleep and snore gently. Oh I am going to miss that so much :cry: :cry: :cry:
This past week we have seen you go downhill and although you have been taking some syringe feeding you didn't actually know you where even eating today :cry: :cry: :cry: And then you closed down and our hearts shattered into pieces yet again :cry: :cry: :cry:
You where such a brave soldier darling Oliver - so wonderful to have in our family and so gentle with us and any other buns. Such a special spirit can never be gone completely and we know that you will be at the Bridge with all your dear friends - you will have four legs again now - and you will never, ever be scared again. You will always be happy now and in the blink of an eye we will be with you again.
Thank you for coming into our lives, you enriched them and made us feel so very humble.
You are our darling boy, mum's special guy - you always will be.
Run free now baby boy on your four legs - have fun with all your friends and tell our Bridge Babies that we love them all and will never, ever stop loving them.
No more pain now son, just happiness and sunshine forever.
We love you darling - we adore you and we will see you soon.
Take care Oliver - you deserve all the fun now - you truly do.
We love you always Oliver - love from Mummy, Daddy, Bandit, Muffin, Billy and the rest of the Hairy Mob - xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oliver with Emma
EmmaandOliver22312.jpg

[/img]
Oliver with Bandit
OliverandBandit24may041.jpg

[/img]Oliver with Muffin
WashesfromMufftoOliver16june05.jpg

[/img]
Our Brave Soldier Oliver
oliver129306.jpg
[/img]

Oh my gosh Jay, I'm so sorry. I was shocked when I saw this post, I was unaware that anything was wrong. He looked like a very social little bun, having been friends with so many others. Rest in peace Oliver, your in our hearts forever xxxx

rainbowbridge.jpg

I'm so sorry Jay and John :cry: :cry: :cry: , sending big Scottish hugs...

~ Binky free sweetheart, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

To Oliver the Black Baron,

You are such a dear dear friend. We will all miss you so much.

Love from your Black Prince Jetty.

I knew what the news was going to be when I saw that Jettychops was the last post..... :cry: My heart really breaks for you, dear sweet little Oliver - how proud I am to have met you little man. :D What truly wonderful care you had with your Mummy and Daddy and the rest of your beloved Hairy Mob. You are in a better place now, you sort out those Spirit Buns in Black at the Bridge, make sure they are pulling their weight. :wink:

john , jay ,

so sorry to hear about oliver , what a darling he is , he will indeed have all his limbs and be pain free where he is now - with all his family . He will be waiting for you both. :(

Jay and John, yet more heartbreak. We are so sorry to hear about Oliver, he was a brave and gorgeous rabbit. Sending you all our love and hugs and as much strength as we can. Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oliver, run free little man, enjoy the sunshine at the bridge and be reunited with old friends and meet up with new, take care little man, rest easy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear that you lost your much loved Oliver please take comfort that he passed over to the brigde with two people who loved him deeply ... He will have known and felt this. take care Jay and John xx

I have taken ages to read your tribute to Oliver as I am in tears. Poor wee man must have been so happy when you became his Mummy & Daddy and all the other buns for friends. He looks so happy and to be so loved and cared for must have been wonderful for him. What a lovely memory to have him fall asleep in your arms and snore! Complete and utter trust. All my thoughts for you and John...Oliver is now pain free and playing with all the other babies at Rainbow Bridge.

Tamverse270805resized.jpg

Awww Jay and John - sorry I'm so late in posting but I've been working away for a few days - but I was so sorry to hear this news about lovely Oliver and I know how precious all your bunnies are to you and he was sooooooo lucky to have found you and have your love and care.

Marlene's verse is lovely and he really is such a special bunny and I'm sure there is much to celebrate about his life with you both.

Dearest jay and John

I am so sorry to know that darling wee Oliver has gone to the Bridge - he was such a brave wee soldier and was a wonderful leader to the BIB's.

Big cuddles to you all.

lol Pam

Back