• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TANSY has packed her suitcase

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
WELL TANSY HAS PACKED HER STUFF , BEEN FOR HER MAKE OVER AND IS NOW ALL SET TO GO ON HER BLIND DATE. :wink:
I VE TOLD HER HER DATE IS HANDSOME , ATHLETIC AND A LOVELY BROWN COLOUR LIKE HER AND SHE CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM. :p

HOPE HES READY COS SHE LL BE ON HER WAY IN THE MORNING :shock: :wink:

Sounds very exciting
1.gif

hi

Oooh I never saw this yesterday :lol: :oops:

Tansy (now called Tia) is so chilled out - she was eating hay and dried grass from the moment she got here - presumably throughout the 2 hours I spent shopping for guinea pigs favourite food :D And has eaten a scrap of greens and a slice of carrot - no more cos I forgot to ask Angie if she'd had it before - I'll make it up to her next week :D

I don't think she's yet ventured out of her litter tray, so there should be no probs house-training her - and I've just bought her and Benny matching carpet squares for their crates - Maybe she'll decide not to mess up her comfy litter tray and use the carpet square for a loo? :lol:

She's totally adorable - like a little teddy bear - so even if Benny doesn't fancy her, I'm not letting her out of my sight :love:
Here's a pic that Angie took of her - Now she definitely is my last baby - my family is complete :D

tansy.jpg

thanks so much Angie for parting with her, and delivering her today - I really appreciate it - you are a brave and unselfish woman! (unlike moi :roll: )

:D :D :D

hi

She is sweet and teensy :D Very friendly and strokeable too - but I wish she'd drink something - she won't move out of her tray! I guess it's all a bit wierd being surrounded by guinea pigs and people coming and going and the lights on - she's used to being tucked up in her hutch in the dark by now - I guess she'll settle overnight - Benny has totally ignored her, but he's so used to ignoring the mayhem around him that it's second nature for him - He likes his carpet though :D

As for my sig :? I've got 21 guinea pigs to squeeze on it too :shock:
Or should I rehome some? :roll:

I came in from the shops today and you've never heard anything like it - 21 piggies squealing for their veg :lol: In between different veg, fresh hay and dry mix they squealed for one and a half hours - till they realised they'd had their lot :shock: Poor Tia must think she's landed in the mad-house (no comment necessary! :p )

awwww another disney bun!! she is lovely...and I dont believe she is the last...you have been bitten by the fluffy bug :wink:

hi

yes and I think your sig could do with padding out with fur a bit more Cazza :wink:

Getting worried about Tansy this morning as, although eating hay and veg, she STILL hasn't moved out of her litter box, done any wee or poo, or had a drink :shock:

She refused the bottle spout when I offered it her last night, so I had visions of force feeding her fluids today - not a good start!! Thankfully, when I offered her the bottle again today she drank and drank...and drank - 50ml in one go! My arm was killing me as I didn't dare move :lol:

She wouldn't eat any pellets but she's not skinny, so I'm not worried about that :D

Benny noticed her at last - he did a couple of mini-binkies in his cage, which he's never done before - Awww - showing off in front of the girls :lol:

hiya . couldnt wait to get on here to see if youd posted any thing .
Tia (got to get used to calling her that )should be ok with any veg while shes been with me shes had a bit of every thing .not too keen on broccoli though. shes been on a mix of half pets at home pellets and half dry mix here . im so sorry i forgot to bring you some of her food. :oops: do you want me to post you some to mix with yours till she gets used to it.
she took about 4 days before she started eating and drinking normaly for us so i wouldnt worry too much just yet as long as shes eating something.

i dont see myself as brave and unselfish at all . i want to keep them ALL. unfortunatly id end up without a job , boyfriend , friends .... and any way the more i find loving homes for the more i can help.(even though it is always hard to part with them.)

i see you as an unselfish person elve to give up most of your home space and money to single handedly care for all those piggies and bunnies . your a lovely person and im so pleased for tia to have gone to you

ANGIE

aw she is beautiful . Bailey wants to know if he can take her out on a date . Its ok tho as he can,t get her pregnant :lol:

hi

:lol: Oh yes he can!! He's only just lost his jewels 8)

Thanks Angie :D :oops:
Tia's eating plenty of hay and dried grass, and like we said - she's not exactly skinny, so now she's had a drink I'm happy - she ate all her veg yesterday so I'll give her a bit extra today as she's used to it - house rabbits don't really need pellets at all, so she'll be fine I'm sure :D

I'm leaving her in her cage for today - she's a bit unsure at all the frantic activity around her - and squealing piggies :lol:

hi

:cry: Not a good start with Benny and Tia today....I finally tipped and dragged and pushed her out of her litter tray so that she could find her veggies on the carpet square - and she ate them all up, found her water bottle, explored her crate - yay! :)

But then I heard a tremendous crash and rushed in to find Benny, who must have launched himself in fury at the cage bars, licking his lips with his eyes all slitty and disturbed :?

And poor little Tia back in her safe litter tray (which she'll probably never leave again now) holding her little paw up in the air because she'd sprained it or hit it or something in her frantic rush to safety :cry:

Poor baby - she seems to be fine now, apart from being a nervous wreck - I've put a big cardboard screen in between their crates for now as I know she's already very timid and her poos are tiny - I don't want her getting GI stasis from nerves too....It's going to be a loooong courtship! :roll:

Back