• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trained or not?

Is your rabbit litter trained?

• Fully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partially trained

• Not at all

• Total voters

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Is your rabbit fully litter trained, partially litter trained or not at all?

never posted a poll before so lets hope I do this right.... sorry for you lot with multiple rabbits.... don't quite know how to work that out for you, other than you post moe than one reply (and that means some of you will be on forever :lol: )

Lucky you Gem!!!!! Of my 3, Totti is the only one fully litter trained - both Molly and Brody poo in other areas as well as the tray.

hi

All mine are - I'm so proud of my girls - even though they aren't spayed they used their trays from about day 3 for everything - Trouble is they leap in and out of their trays like mad things and kick poops all over :roll:

The only time Benny got pee everywhere was when I gave him a low sided cat litter tray instead of his underbed storage box - he must have backed up high :shock:

i have to say partially . All wee wee,s are in the tray but the poo.s can be anywhere and everywhere . Its getting better tho :D

im slightly criticaly of the idea of fully litter training rabbits....ur always going to find the odd **** sumwhere...

Hobbes and Phoebe wee in the tray but poo everywhere. Amber sleeps in the litter tray and wees next to it :roll: :lol:

wht u mean...they never have accidents....and u never find theyv weed in the corner sumwhere....i just cnt look at my rabbit and see her completly litter trained...at the min i cnt trust her inside at all because she WILL wee and poo anywhere

I have 4 of fosters who are litter trained and one whom only messes downstairs in his double storey hutch, most is in the tray but some is next to it.

Janice

bob litter trained himself (before i knew it could be done, and right after i got him!!) he still goes outside of it at times (usually telling me it's time to clean) i have been giving him more out of the cage time in my blocked off kitchen. i put him in there with a large pan, and he is getting better and better. usually when he goes outside of the pan in this area it is an area where one of the cats may have had an accident at one time or another (usually near doors, oddly enough). the last time i let him have free time he scooted most of the bedding i had put in the pan out (YAY MOMMY!! I"M CLEANING THE KITCHEN!!! but there was nothing ANYWHERE else on the floor from that. i was so impressed!!

Hmmm mine all wee within 30cm of the litter tray!!! :shock: They're all fully litter trained in their own territories. but in the communal area it's poo central!!!

I'm going to buy Niamh and splodge a bigger litter tray so they'll hopefully not wee over the edge any more!!! and I'm hoping that now they are bonded the poo on the floor will decrease!!!
Treacle and Fudge are an odd couple, I'm not sure which one it is, but one of them has taken to weeing in their empty food bowl! :shock: Every time I go out in the morning the food has gone and been replaced by wee! Nice!!! :? :shock:

All mine are litter trained, five outside and one in. Over the years I've always litter trained them and never had a problem. Famous last words :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I board for people as well I quite often litter train peoples rabbit whilst they are with me and send them home with litter, littertray and a happy smile on their Mums face. It's surprising how many house bunnies are not litter trained when they come to me for their holidays.

Maureen

Leila's fully litter trained, even though she isn't spayed yet. She did start to get a bit lazy, but she's still great with it. Especially in her cage.

She sometimes wees on my other half though :lol:

Sooty is fab and does everything in the tray. Lolly pees in the tray and poos where she wants! Star i am waiting to find out :D

Back